• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Checkpoint Alert

Started by TackleTheWorld, May 22, 2007, 09:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Tried to go to the immigration checkpoint today with Jose Caleb, who had no idea and was going to speak spanish to the immigration dudes.  We found where the checkpoint is held, but it wasn't in operation today.  Fun day though :)  Got a little video of the semi-event.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 28, 2007, 07:52 PM NHFT
Tried to go to the immigration checkpoint today with Jose Caleb, who had no idea and was going to speak spanish to the immigration dudes.  We found where the checkpoint is held, but it wasn't in operation today.  Fun day though :)  Got a little video of the semi-event.

;D
We are still laughing about this protest/comedy idea.  8)

Dave Ridley

jose heh heh

good try

everyone who drives that route please call porc 411 if you see the checkpoint operating

btw is it practical to approach the checkpoint on foot?

TackleTheWorld

Dave's silent protest flyer for sobriety checkpoints:

QuoteDear Officers:
Is it right to impose police checkpoints?

I have the right to remain silent. But thanks for wanting to read this flyer.

How much do sobriety checkpoints cost local and state taxpayers? Are they worth the expense?  Is there any pressure from higher-ups in your department to make a de-facto quota of arrests?

Do checkpoints constitute a slight breach of the "innocent until proven guilty" concept?  If most people approve of sobriety checkpoints, does that make it right to impose them on harmless people who don't?

Did any of the funding for this checkpoint come from Washington?  Is it right to accept money from Washington?  Did Washington take the funds by force from innocent Alaskans, Texans, etc.?  Can you promise us that the scope and power of these checkpoints will never be expanded?

What would you do if a local citizen withheld her property tax in protest of these checkpoints?  Would you take her house by force?

Do you run the plates of persons passed through your checkpoint?  Will you begin doing so if and when a law is passed which allows random plate-running?  When you discover that there is a warrant out for a driver's arrest...how often is that driver really a threat to others...and how often is she simply outlawed because she's a harmless marijuana smoker.

In slowing or stopping traffic, do checkpoints increase the risk of accidents?

We would welcome your responses to these questions.

NHfree.com
New Hampshire's most active web forum.

Kat Kanning

It's on the interstate.  You'd have to go into the rest area and walk over.  I don't recall if all traffic is routed through the checkpoint or not, so you might have to go through the inspection before walking over to it.  BTW, it's at a southbound rest area just south of White River Junction.

toowm

I'll be on I-89 this evening.

Quantrill

Quoteeveryone who drives that route please call porc 411 if you see the checkpoint operating

For the uninitiated, what is the number for PORC 411 ?

Dreepa

Quote from: Quantrill on May 29, 2007, 10:36 PM NHFT

Quoteeveryone who drives that route please call porc 411 if you see the checkpoint operating

413-0411

error

See this thread for more details.

Porc-411 runs out of my bedroom. :)

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: error on May 29, 2007, 11:55 PM NHFT

See this thread for more details.

Porc-411 runs out of my bedroom. :)

+1 for the 411 error

TackleTheWorld

Raineyrocks found the border patrol checkpoint on I-93 southbound. 

Border patrol vans, state police and dogs between exits 30 & 31.  Anyone want to don a sombrero?

Kat Kanning

I'll ask Jose when he gets home.

Kat Kanning

Here he is!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pat K

Now I know were the phrase Gay Cabalaro comes from.

higheye

what if you somehow made signage or other notification that a check point was ahead at the exit before it started...

i wonder what the fallout of that would be...