• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Need a retaining wall constructed

Started by mvpel, May 23, 2007, 08:27 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpel

Hi folks,

After noodling over the generator positioning issues for a while, I've determined that I need a new retaining wall at the end of my house on which the generator can rest.

Does anyone have experience building the Anchor/Pavestone gravity retaining walls?  Basically I need a wall that's about 18-24" high at its highest, with an outside radius curve, about 12-15' long, backfilled with gravel.  And while it'd be an interesting project to do myself, I don't have an easy way to haul block, sand, and gravel and would like to get it done right sooner, rather than my approach of getting it done almost right after a lot of sweat and headaches.

Genest Concrete sells the 6" high blocks, I think with those only three courses would be necessary.

Give me a ring at 424-6916 and let me know, or e-mail mvpel-yahoo@nym.hushmail.com

MaineShark

Russell Kanning