• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ron Paul calls for Civil Disobedience

Started by forsytjr, May 23, 2007, 08:55 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

forsytjr

Ron Paul, on the House floor, calls for civil disobedience, claiming that it is the mark of a true patriot to disagree with the state. 

"it is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty"

"Faith in government coercion and a lack of understanding of how free societies operate encourages big government liberals and big government conservatives to manufacture a war psychology to demand political loyalty for domestic policy, just as is required in foreign affairs."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5792391565012624048&hl=en

Tom Sawyer

Another endorsement of the Nonviolent Revolution from our friend Ron Paul.

To post or find ideas for actions checkout the thread
REVOLUTION, Ya Say Ya Want A

Dreepa

WOW....I am only 1/2 way thru the video... but WOW

Crocuta

You know, it's amazing that these things are being said regularly on the floor of the House, but it's ignored by the legislators and unheard by the people.

Dan

Just listen to the next five minutes of the next hot monger at that the podium that night, and you'll understand all we are up against.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Crocuta on May 23, 2007, 01:20 PM NHFT
You know, it's amazing that these things are being said regularly on the floor of the House, but it's ignored by the legislators and unheard by the people.

It was an empty chamber and people saw it on the super popular CSPAN channel.

Dreepa

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on May 23, 2007, 03:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: Crocuta on May 23, 2007, 01:20 PM NHFT

It was an empty chamber and people saw it on the super popular CSPAN channel.
Very true.. however thru the magic of Al Gore's internet... it will be YouTubed around the globe and then will be blogged about... and maybe stir some people up.

I sent it to three of my 'liberal' antiwar friends... maybe they won't vote for a DEM maybe just maybe they might consider becoming a Ronpaulican.*

*Trademark Error

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Dreepa on May 23, 2007, 11:44 AM NHFT

What Dreepa said.

Wow.

Crocuta

Quote from: Dan on May 23, 2007, 03:18 PM NHFT
Just listen to the next five minutes of the next hot monger at that the podium that night, and you'll understand all we are up against.

Got a link to video?

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Crocuta on May 23, 2007, 04:58 PM NHFT

Got a link to video?

It's on google video somewhere, but here's the youtube part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBqqSfWKeVM

Crocuta

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on May 23, 2007, 05:56 PM NHFT

Got a link to video?

Got the Ron Paul video - it's in the OP.  I was wondering about this person who followed him at the podium.

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Crocuta on May 23, 2007, 07:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on May 23, 2007, 05:56 PM NHFT

Got a link to video?

Got the Ron Paul video - it's in the OP.  I was wondering about this person who followed him at the podium.

Oh got it sorry -- I hope someone does post it for you....

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 23, 2007, 04:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on May 23, 2007, 11:44 AM NHFT

What Dreepa said.

Wow.

Wait a minute Kat-- let me get this straight -- you watched a politician speak and liked it! Now I just have to know -- Did Russell watch it too? Now, your gonna tell me he liked it too!

I will admit this is the first time any "mainstream" politician has made any sense....since maybe Thomas Jefferson and even he probably wasn't as "mainstream" as Dr. NO.

Kat Kanning

I've liked Ron Paul for a long time, despite his being a politician.  I publish his articles frequently.

Dreepa

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 24, 2007, 05:09 AM NHFT
I've liked Ron Paul for a long time, despite his being a politician.  I publish his articles frequently.
And she has an RP bumper sticket that welcomed me back to NH back in Sept 05 :)