• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Forum Announcement - Please Read

Started by Kat Kanning, May 23, 2007, 08:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on May 25, 2007, 01:55 AM NHFTThe Underground has done a great job as the clearinghouse where multiple approaches can be discussed, but with some hard limits that aren't tolerated (racism and initiating violence come to mind).
You must be mixing us up with the FSP. We are not as organized and our "rules" are arbitrary and can change on a whim. :)
People don't seem to understand that this is our little part of the world. We are not a clearinghouse or have aspirations of being a big tent. I am trying to kick people out of our camp for multiple reasons and they just won't go.

KBCraig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 25, 2007, 03:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on May 25, 2007, 01:55 AM NHFTThe Underground has done a great job as the clearinghouse where multiple approaches can be discussed, but with some hard limits that aren't tolerated (racism and initiating violence come to mind).
You must be mixing us up with the FSP. We are not as organized and our "rules" are arbitrary and can change on a whim. :)

Nope, wasn't mixing up anything. What you said is exactly what I meant.  :)

QuotePeople don't seem to understand that this is our little part of the world. We are not a clearinghouse or have aspirations of being a big tent. I am trying to kick people out of our camp for multiple reasons and they just won't go.

I understand that. And whether by design or not, this is the place people come to float their ideas for activism. Or to just announce what they want to do, and see who will join them. That's what I meant by "clearinghouse".

Regardless, thanks to you and Kat for letting us hang out here, and to all the freedom lovers here who inspire so many.

Kevin

d_goddard

You must be mixing us up with the FSP. We are not as organized
... I'm not sure that's even possible

powerchuter

People don't seem to understand that this is our little part of the world. We are not a clearinghouse or have aspirations of being a big tent. I am trying to kick people out of our camp for multiple reasons and they just won't go.

This is "your" website...
But...
This is "our" forum...

"Your" website...wouldn't be the same without..."Our" forum...

People come to your website and our forum because there is diversity and important subjects are being discussed here...

We've come to expect a wide range of topics and discussions...
Sometimes some folks aren't comfortable with the topics and discussions...
But that's life...

Of course, everything changes over time...
And if you decide to do something different with your website...
It's probable that we'll do something different with our forum...

Surely everyone can see that...

Caleb

Quote from: powerchuter on May 26, 2007, 08:09 PM NHFT

I think that's sort of the point, powerchuter...Certain discussions need to go someplace else. The vast majority of people here in NH that I have met are committed to completely nonviolent means of resistance. There's no support for any sort of armed rebellion here, and threatening it can only have negative consequences for others.

Caleb

error

Funny, that. I was in Riley's today and two of the staff were openly discussing the issue of armed rebellion. Maybe the discussion could be taken there? :)

eques

You know, this isn't the first time Kat and Russell have reiterated the point of their website and forum.  They have every right to do what they want with the forum, y'know, being the owners and all.  They're being incredibly gracious (far more than they could be) in making the request that those who advocate violence (both physically and politically--and it's amazing how many of you so-called "freedom lovers" are blind to the latter) to rein it in.

MaineShark

Quote from: Caleb on May 26, 2007, 09:40 PM NHFTThe vast majority of people here in NH that I have met are committed to completely nonviolent means of resistance. There's no support for any sort of armed rebellion here, and threatening it can only have negative consequences for others.

Yeah, I'm with error on this one.  I doubt there's a state where armed rebellion is considered more acceptable than in NH.  We have the right to armed revolution written right into the state's constitution, and very many of the people who live here take that very seriously.  Of those in NH who desire revolution, the "armed" camp overwhelmingly outnumbers the "nonviolent" camp.  That's just the way it is.

If you were imagining that NH was some sort of mecca for nonviolent revolutionaries, you may need to reconsider your choice in where to live.  I truly hope you won't, as we need all the revolutionaries we can get, but if you cannot stomach the notion that there are armed revolutionaries around, this simply may not be the place for you.

NH engage in armed rebellion against Britain (and won) before the other colonies even bothered to declare their independence.  That is our history and our legacy.

I do hope we can coordinate our efforts, as we are stronger standing together than we can be standing separately.  And I do hope that Kat and Russell will continue to allow us to discuss the issues that matter to us, here, so that we can do so.  I imagine that there are many people out there reading this and other threads with glee, hoping against hope that a rift forms in the freedom community, allowing them to once again put the anti-freedom train on the fast track.  It would be a shame to focus on our differences and let those things divide us, rather than focussing on our similarities and letting those things unite us.

Joe

error

I think I'm going to start another forum. PM me your domain name suggestions. :)

Russell Kanning

guncleaners.com
constitutionalscholars.edu
:)

Some of us have different goals. It would be nice if you took your discussions elsewhere. :)

powerchuter

Quote from: MaineShark on May 26, 2007, 10:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: Caleb on May 26, 2007, 09:40 PM NHFTThe vast majority of people here in NH that I have met are committed to completely nonviolent means of resistance. There's no support for any sort of armed rebellion here, and threatening it can only have negative consequences for others.

Yeah, I'm with error on this one.  I doubt there's a state where armed rebellion is considered more acceptable than in NH.  We have the right to armed revolution written right into the state's constitution, and very many of the people who live here take that very seriously.  Of those in NH who desire revolution, the "armed" camp overwhelmingly outnumbers the "nonviolent" camp.  That's just the way it is.

If you were imagining that NH was some sort of mecca for nonviolent revolutionaries, you may need to reconsider your choice in where to live.  I truly hope you won't, as we need all the revolutionaries we can get, but if you cannot stomach the notion that there are armed revolutionaries around, this simply may not be the place for you.

NH engage in armed rebellion against Britain (and won) before the other colonies even bothered to declare their independence.  That is our history and our legacy.

I do hope we can coordinate our efforts, as we are stronger standing together than we can be standing separately.  And I do hope that Kat and Russell will continue to allow us to discuss the issues that matter to us, here, so that we can do so.  I imagine that there are many people out there reading this and other threads with glee, hoping against hope that a rift forms in the freedom community, allowing them to once again put the anti-freedom train on the fast track.  It would be a shame to focus on our differences and let those things divide us, rather than focussing on our similarities and letting those things unite us.

Joe

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

powerchuter

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 27, 2007, 01:51 AM NHFT
guncleaners.com
constitutionalscholars.edu
:)

Some of us have different goals. It would be nice if you took your discussions elsewhere. :)

My goal is to live each and every day in peace and to be left alone unless I voluntarily agree to do otherwise...

What's YOUR goal??

Lloyd Danforth

His, immediate goal is to get people on his property to behave as he asks or go away

powerchuter

Quote from: wholetthedogin? on May 27, 2007, 06:26 AM NHFT
pleasedontkissexpectmetokissyourasswhileyouraretreadingonme.com

westartedsomethinggoodanddontlikethewayyouthinksogoplaysomewhereelseandwedontgiverefundsforanyfundingyouhavecontributedinthepastweignorepeoplesidealongenoughuntilwecanfigureoutifwecanmake theprofitourselvesfromtheideasofotherblindfollowerthatthinkwearecoolwewilljustkeepthinkingofwaystomakemoremoneyrollinginfromtheguiltyfolkthatcantgettonewhampshiretojoinourwedontgiveaphuckaboutanyonesrightsbutourownpartyItwouldbeveryeasytostoppostingeveryonewhodisagreeswithmanagementslimitedphilosphyaboutfirstammendmentrightsshouldjust takealongbreakfrompostingmostcouldandshouldstopgodaddyhasatwentyfivepercentoffspecialonnewdomainordersoverseventyfivebuckssoitsourpartyandwemaketherulesandifyoudontlikeourruleswewillaskyoutoleaveandpatourselvesonthebacksandgetmoreaccoladesfromthefollowerswejusthavetoremembernottoeverservekoolaideortattoo666onourbodieslikethatsecondcomingcultdownsouthsomewhereandthatsaboutallfornowsotoexpectanyonetokissyouassesforbuildingasimpleforumisabsolutelycertifiable   

Yeah!

powerchuter

Quote from: Caleb on May 26, 2007, 09:40 PM NHFT
Quote from: powerchuter on May 26, 2007, 08:09 PM NHFT

I think that's sort of the point, powerchuter...Certain discussions need to go someplace else. The vast majority of people here in NH that I have met are committed to completely nonviolent means of resistance. There's no support for any sort of armed rebellion here, and threatening it can only have negative consequences for others.

Caleb

Where in the hell do you get any damn idea that I(and others) support armed rebellion?
And if someone were to rebel...just who would they be "rebelling" against?
Are you giving some sort of "legitimacy" to the "gooberment"?

I advocate Non-Aggression and the Golden Rule...
I support and use Superior Defensive Force...
Superior DEFENSIVE Force...
DEFENSIVE...

What part of DEFENSIVE don't you understand?

Are you telling me that I could come up to you and slap you smartly across the face ten thousand times and you would do NOTHING??

Obviously we couldn't trust you to "have our backs"...individually or as a group...

Sounds like you'd open the door and let them right in...