• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Taproom Tuesdays

Started by error, May 24, 2007, 12:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlas

I love this place, it always gets so fiesty at night. ;D

Kat Kanning

Cool, the revolution in NH has grown so much in the last year!

Friday

Quote from: CNHT on August 08, 2007, 12:32 AM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on August 08, 2007, 12:02 AM NHFT
Pop quiz: which well known Ron Paul promoter and self-proclaimed RP campaign manager actually berated a member of the LPNH for having the audacity to put pro-Ron Paul material on an LP table at the Cheshire County Fair?  God forbid the general public see "the wrong kind" promoting Ron Paul....  :P  :P  :P

You know this tattle-tale mentality of yours is really tiresome not to mention childish.
Tattle-tale mentality?  Please share with the rest of the class to what you are referring.  Otherwise, we'll have to assume that it's yet another gratuitous personal insult, something for which you are developing quite a reputation.

If you are talking about Howard Wilson at the Cheshire Fair, he was never 'berated' for anything. He was simply asked how he got away with promoting Ron Paul at an LPNH table
"Got away with"? Thank you for acknowledging that you did indeed indicate that *some* people shouldn't be trying to promote Ron Paul.
when others were severely berated and trashed for simply having posted one event (no endorsements mind you) on the LPNH mailing list before Paul even filed to run because they foolishly thought some might be interested in hearing the country's #1 libertarian speak? That was such a crime!
What others?  Severely berated by whom?  I honestly don't know who you're referring to, and it seems more honorable to me to name the person whom you are publicly criticizing, both so that that person can defend himself if necessary, and so that the entire LPNH won't be impugned by your vague comments.

Did the LPNH suddenly decide to come to its senses and endorse Ron Paul? That was the question...
No.  The LPNH, the New Hampshire affiliate of the third largest political party in the U.S., did not suddenly "come to its senses" and decide to endorse someone seeking the primary nomination in a different political party.

and it was only a question, there was no 'berating' involved.

Not to mention the fact that Howard was generously offered materials for his table, some of which I paid for.

I have a witness.  :P :P :P :P

Please let us know who the witness is.  I have a great deal of respect for Howard, and I find his report of the OPH booth at the Cheshire County Fair very... believable.   :P  If you have someone who can back up your very different side of the story, let us all know who that is.

Russell Kanning

cool to see so many people there... I am craving curly fries

Kat Kanning

Is taproom tuesdays going to have female mudwrestling to settle this debate?

shyfrog

Quote from: shyfrog on August 08, 2007, 12:01 AM NHFT
Glad you all enjoyed the photos (error had me post his as well)

I spoke with some of you regarding my situation...

It might help if some of you comment in either MySpace or LiveJournal (both of which my wife reads) in regards to these events. I'm just trying to come up with ways for her to see what goes on out here without being to overt...ya know?

Anyway, thanks for all the input tonight. I really appreciate it :)

http://myspace.com/nealaus
http://nealaus.livejournal.com/

[bump] Just don't point my wife to this thread. I'll let her deal with the petty realities "after"she gets here. :D

Russell Kanning

Quote from: shyfrog on August 08, 2007, 07:30 AM NHFT
[bump] Just don't point my wife to this thread. I'll let her deal with the petty realities "after"she gets here. :D
the movein party in warner is better for showing her normal families helping each other out. :)

dalebert

This is just one event and I have no idea what it's like everywhere, but I went to the most recent LP convention in Atlanta to promote the FSP and I'd say the turnout was about the same as last night at Murphy's. I also left with no interest whatsoever in becoming a member of the LP or continuing to attend events. I became a member in CA actually but didn't renew. I got hardly any acknowledgement that I even existed, much less any encouragement to join and continue to be active. I saw a lot of bickering over whether to enact some of the suggestions of the reform caucus into the platform * to make the LP more into Republican Party Light. One thing in particular stuck with me. When I was putting literature out on the tables, one guy asked if I was there to "defend the FSP". That wording really threw me. "Defend?" I asked. And he said something like "Should we do a free state, a free town, a free county," and he said it with a really condescending tone in his voice clearly expressing his negative opinion toward the idea. I simply said "The Free State Project is happening right now. You're welcome to participate or not." And in my head I was thinking "Just how I'm choosing not to participate in the LP anymore. Good luck with this."

* This is my editorializing

I had a much better time at the LP convention in Los Angeles so obviously they're not all the same. The turnout was definately good there though still not really impressive numbers compared to the FSP as a whole. I think it's kind of "any port in a storm" out there if you know what I mean.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: shyfrog on August 08, 2007, 07:30 AM NHFT
Quote from: shyfrog on August 08, 2007, 12:01 AM NHFT
Glad you all enjoyed the photos (error had me post his as well)

I spoke with some of you regarding my situation...

It might help if some of you comment in either MySpace or LiveJournal (both of which my wife reads) in regards to these events. I'm just trying to come up with ways for her to see what goes on out here without being to overt...ya know?

Anyway, thanks for all the input tonight. I really appreciate it :)

http://myspace.com/nealaus
http://nealaus.livejournal.com/

Ut Oh! ;D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Beavis on August 08, 2007, 12:11 AM NHFT
Roger, get hold of me with an email address or something where I can send you the high-resolution originals. The ones posted up on Flickr are too low resolution for your video work, I think.

Thanks for posting the pictures... :) the large size versions will work fine for me video is only 720 by 480.

Looks like a good time.

What should your photo credit be?

Shyfrog, can I use some of your shots in the month in the Fsp video project and if so what would you like your photo credit to be?

shyfrog

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 08, 2007, 09:42 AM NHFT
Quote from: Beavis on August 08, 2007, 12:11 AM NHFT
Roger, get hold of me with an email address or something where I can send you the high-resolution originals. The ones posted up on Flickr are too low resolution for your video work, I think.

Thanks for posting the pictures... :) the large size versions will work fine for me video is only 720 by 480.

Looks like a good time.

What should your photo credit be?

Shyfrog, can I use some of your shots in the month in the Fsp video project and if so what would you like your photo credit to be?

All photos with the Free State or New Hampshire tags on my Flickr are up for grabs.  Credit Lou Eastman. I know him personally ;)

Tom Sawyer

Eastman...
Any relation to the Photography giant?

Thanks for the use of the images.  :)

shyfrog

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 08, 2007, 11:10 AM NHFT
Eastman...
Any relation to the Photography giant?

Thanks for the use of the images.  :)

Actually...yes  ;D

Rosie the Riveter

CNHT

Quote from: Friday on August 08, 2007, 06:35 AM NHFT
Tattle-tale mentality?  Please share with the rest of the class to what you are referring.  Otherwise, we'll have to assume that it's yet another gratuitous personal insult, something for which you are developing quite a reputation.

See your original post...if you would like to see an example of anonymous gratuitous insult.

"Got away with"? Thank you for acknowledging that you did indeed indicate that *some* people shouldn't be trying to promote Ron Paul.

That's utterly ridiculous and I have never said *some* people shouldn't be promoting Ron Paul, and you know it. I have been saying that I don't understand why the LPNH won't endorse Ron Paul (although you have explained it below) and why would its members keep ripping supporters for the fact that many do, the complete opposite. And why someone who merely notified the members of an event was ripped for doing so, to the point that a disclaimer had to be sent out stating that the LPNH does not endorse. (The event was not an endorsement, just a notice of an event)

What others?  Severely berated by whom?  I honestly don't know who you're referring to, and it seems more honorable to me to name the person whom you are publicly criticizing, both so that that person can defend himself if necessary, and so that the entire LPNH won't be impugned by your vague comments.

You mean like you do when you ask people to 'guess who' you are talking about that did this or that, or, you have a 'pop quiz' question, which you are wont to do?

Wow, pot/kettle.

I am referring to the fact that the LPNH got its knickers in a bunch because I committed the crime of posting the Ron Paul February party to their calendar and also *some* people made a huge issue and point out of making sure they would not be going there... as if it were something to be avoided. No problem. I think it was a success in any case.

I really don't know what the LPNH members have against Ron Paul.... it's rather baffling to me. I was glad to see Howard promoting him, just preparing him for the possible blowback from his compatriots.

No.  The LPNH, the New Hampshire affiliate of the third largest political party in the U.S., did not suddenly "come to its senses" and decide to endorse someone seeking the primary nomination in a different political party.

That was my whole point and a fair enough explanation that did not warrant the reaction I got. Please note it wasn't John Babiarz or Brendan Kelly who were upset about the posting, just 'some' members, who supposedly complained to another member. In this case I do not know who the complainers were, so I can't tell you names, because they would not tell me. (But believe me I would if I did.)

Please let us know who the witness is.  I have a great deal of respect for Howard, and I find his report of the OPH booth at the Cheshire County Fair very... believable.   :P  If you have someone who can back up your very different side of the story, let us all know who that is.

Why so you can also badger him too? Not on your life.

If Howard thought he was being berated that's news to me. I was just warning him that he may be chastised severely as I was, and for months later, AD NAUSEUM, for supporting a candidate from 'another party'. I even said I was glad to see that he wasn't having any of this party purity stuff.

In conclusion, you can't go around attacking people and then expect them, after a time, not to get sick of it and speak back about it. Some of us are pretty easy going but after a while of keeping quiet, we do have an eventual boiling point.  A person can only take so much abuse.

:dontknow:

Anyway, I have some good news.. I'm heading out to be picking up a huge shipment of signs in three sizes.....let's get to work plaster the state with Ron Paul!

;)