• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Taproom Tuesdays

Started by error, May 24, 2007, 12:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 08, 2007, 07:29 AM NHFT
Is taproom tuesdays going to have female mudwrestling to settle this debate?

LOL, no. I am going to 'disengage' now that I have posted my explanation for Friday's outburst and won't be responding to it anymore.

I don't think there is any question in anyone's mind that I would like everyone to support Ron Paul, despite what their 'party' tells them to do and that this is the crux of the matter.

But thanks for the compliment of thinking I could mudwrestle at my age!  ;)

error

shyfrog

I changed the tag to FreeState (oneword)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nealaus/tags/freestate/

I'll upload any photos I take of FSP and "related" events to this area.
Save, share, comment on, use in presentations, articles, videos, screensavers, etc.

Just send some love my way (at least until my wife arrives)

Pat K

You know I typed up a long rant here.

But then remembered my rule against ever getting
in the middle of a um vigorous discussion, between
Lady's.

But of coarse being me I have to be stupid and post something.

So Hi sandy and Jane, miss seeing you guys.
It's been a while, hope you are enjoying summer in NH.
Hope to see ya's soon.

d_goddard

No.
They will have female mudwrestling to increase profits!

Dreepa

Quote from: Friday on August 08, 2007, 12:02 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on August 07, 2007, 10:01 PM NHFT
Quote from: RattyDog on August 07, 2007, 09:27 PM NHFT
Shyfrog, I love it...that is great! Great pictures.

That was intense....SO many people came...what was the total count??
I counted 33 at one point... WOW.  Someone made the comment that some LP conventions can't get 33 people there.  33 for basically a few beers... >:D

I was planning on being there, but was stuck in the office until 8:30....   :'(

I'm curious about the gratuitous LP bashing, though... as someone who has actually ATTENDED the LP conventions of two of the smallest states in the country in the past two years, both of which had far more than 33 people in attendance, I'd like to know who made that remark, which specific LP conventions they were referring to, and which year they attended it. Getting so very weary of the continuous public, and often completely erroneous, bashing of my political party by my so-called allies in the struggle for greater freedom in New Hampshire.....  :-\

Pop quiz: which well known Ron Paul promoter and self-proclaimed RP campaign manager actually berated a member of the LPNH for having the audacity to put pro-Ron Paul material on an LP table at the Cheshire County Fair?  God forbid the general public see "the wrong kind" promoting Ron Paul....  :P  :P  :P

Actually I forgot who said it.... but it was meant it a good way.
As in .. we could only get 20 people who are liberty minded where I came from but here we can get 30ish people on a Tuesday night who are liberty minded.

Bald Eagle

Mud, jello - bah.

Have more class and discriminating taste.
Hot Wesson oil wrestling.

error

You can get a lot more women with Jello wrestling. >:D

Friday

Quote from: dalebert on August 08, 2007, 07:49 AM NHFT
This is just one event and I have no idea what it's like everywhere, but I went to the most recent LP convention in Atlanta to promote the FSP and I'd say the turnout was about the same as last night at Murphy's. I also left with no interest whatsoever in becoming a member of the LP or continuing to attend events. I became a member in CA actually but didn't renew. I got hardly any acknowledgement that I even existed, much less any encouragement to join and continue to be active. I saw a lot of bickering over whether to enact some of the suggestions of the reform caucus into the platform * to make the LP more into Republican Party Light. One thing in particular stuck with me. When I was putting literature out on the tables, one guy asked if I was there to "defend the FSP". That wording really threw me. "Defend?" I asked. And he said something like "Should we do a free state, a free town, a free county," and he said it with a really condescending tone in his voice clearly expressing his negative opinion toward the idea. I simply said "The Free State Project is happening right now. You're welcome to participate or not." And in my head I was thinking "Just how I'm choosing not to participate in the LP anymore. Good luck with this."

* This is my editorializing

I had a much better time at the LP convention in Los Angeles so obviously they're not all the same. The turnout was definately good there though still not really impressive numbers compared to the FSP as a whole. I think it's kind of "any port in a storm" out there if you know what I mean.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at the Atlanta convention.  And I guess I can understand how a first experience being negative might turn a person off of an organization.  However, I'd be curious to know if you had a demonstrably different experience at any other political party's convention?  I've been involved with several not-for-profit organizations, and there has been bickering at every single one (sometimes it goes far beyond bickering to the border of fistfights!).  Believe me, there have been vast amounts of bickering within the FSP, too. 

Dreepa

Quote from: Friday on August 08, 2007, 07:23 PM NHFT
Believe me, there have been vast amounts of bickering within the FSP, too. 
No way... I wouldn't believe it.   :P

Friday

I'm going to respond to Jane's last post directed at me on a separate thread in the Endless Debate and Whining area, so as not to remain off-topic on the Taproom Tuesdays thread.  I think I will name it "Friday's Immature Tattletale Thread"  :D

dalebert

Quote from: d_goddard on August 08, 2007, 03:52 PM NHFT
No.
They will have female mudwrestling to increase profits!

You sure you're not Ferengi? I like the way you talk.

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on August 08, 2007, 04:11 PM NHFT
As in .. we could only get 20 people who are liberty minded where I came from but here we can get 30ish people on a Tuesday night who are liberty minded.

I'm sure it was an innocent comment not meant to bash anyone's politicla party. And thank God you forgot who said it, else he might be stalked forever!

CNHT

Quote from: Bald Eagle on August 08, 2007, 04:57 PM NHFT
Mud, jello - bah.

Have more class and discriminating taste.
Hot Wesson oil wrestling.

Virgin olive oil. 

Friday

Quote from: CNHT on August 08, 2007, 08:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on August 08, 2007, 04:11 PM NHFT

I'm sure it was an innocent comment not meant to bash anyone's politicla party. And thank God you forgot who said it, else he might be stalked forever!

Dag nab it... now I have to change the name of my thread <sigh>