• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Taproom Tuesdays

Started by error, May 24, 2007, 12:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Beavis on September 05, 2007, 01:45 AM NHFT
Tonight's Taproom Tuesday had nearly 30 freedom lovers in attendance, including a couple of off-duty police officers who were open carrying their sidearms and are quite supportive of the freedom movement in general.
so are they going to do something about it ... like quit?

Amos Keag

Oh, and Chris, we're there all night, and you weren't!! :(

Yeah, Andy came by the house just as I was about to leave...

error

Quote from: Amos Keag on September 05, 2007, 09:36 AM NHFT
Oh, and Chris, we're there all night, and you weren't!! :(

Yeah, Andy came by the house just as I was about to leave...

Stuff him in the back of your van and bring him along!

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 05, 2007, 05:31 AM NHFT
Tonight's Taproom Tuesday had nearly 30 freedom lovers in attendance, including a couple of off-duty police officers who were open carrying their sidearms and are quite supportive of the freedom movement in general.

One of them is an active member of LEAP who has been telling the legislature how stupid the drug laws are. Apparently this message has more impact when it comes from current police officers as opposed to former police officers.

He has also been giving advice on how to assert your rights during encounters with police officers.

Whether he will quit, I don't know. I imagine you should ask him that yourself. :)

Braddogg

Quote from: error on September 05, 2007, 03:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 05, 2007, 05:31 AM NHFT

One of them is an active member of LEAP who has been telling the legislature how stupid the drug laws are. Apparently this message has more impact when it comes from current police officers as opposed to former police officers.

He may have been joking, but he mentioned that he makes the most pot arrests in his squad . . . .  So he opposes immoral laws, but is very willing to enforce them?  Again, he might have been joking, and I would have questioned him more on that in person if I hadn't been running to catch my bus (which showed up 45 minutes late . . . friggin' Vermont Trails).

error

Indeed. It's a difficult position to be in. This is part of why I long ago gave up any aspirations of ever working in law enforcement. (Hey, I was a stupid college student...)

error

Just a reminder, if you can stand being poked and prodded by the TSA, you can get frequent flyer miles for eating and drinking at Murphy's Taproom. Which I have apparently been doing a LOT of:

Updated   9/4/2007
Current Redeemable Miles Balance   5,442

error

I have an idea for a project brewing and a few of you whose past lives were in government, military and law enforcement might be able to help. If you can make it out this afternoon, please come and chat with me about it. Or find me Tuesday. Thanks!

dalebert

Quote from: error on September 07, 2007, 03:35 AM NHFT
I have an idea for a project brewing and a few of you whose past lives were in government, military and law enforcement might be able to help.

Hehe... he said "brewing" in a thread about Murphy's Taproom.

error

The second Free State Friday was another success, with 9 people in total, including the venerable Don Gorman!

One thing I have noticed though is that 5 pm is much too early, so we'll start next Friday at 6:30, same as Taproom Tuesday, and go until everyone's cashed out.

See you all on Tuesday!

d_goddard

Quote from: error on September 08, 2007, 03:13 AM NHFT
including the venerable Don Gorman!
Cool. I hope you guys made an anarchist out of him.
Or maybe that will require 2-3 more sessions... and enough beer to keep him busy drinking.

error

Just a reminder that Free State Friday is today (thank gawd it's Friday!) at around 6:30. Join us for food, fun, cheap beer and liberty!

shyfrog

Hey Ron H. If you're going to TT tonight, bring some copper. I wanna buy some for my kids in Utah ;)

Dreepa

Nice crowd last night... ;D
Sort 2-3 new movers as well.

error

Yeah, we're bringing in the crowds now. See (some of) you Friday!