• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Taproom Tuesdays

Started by error, May 24, 2007, 12:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

powerchuter

Quote from: Dan on May 24, 2007, 06:38 PM NHFT
For the LEO's and spooks reading this right now:
  You are welcome to come, too.  Hell I'd buy you a round if we get a chance to talk off-duty like.

While we were watching the last debate at Murphy's there were about 30 cops eating there(they were having an auto theft seminar in town)...  Some of them were a little spooked by our open carry but Keith set them straight and I did get to talk to a Canadian cop for a few minutes while I was outside...  All in all I think it was a positive experience...  Last night I was in Murphy's for the grand opening and later on in the evening one of the waitresses was telling me about the "guys with guns" from Tuesday...hehe, little did she know I was one of them...hehe...

d_goddard

Quote from: powerchuter on May 24, 2007, 06:45 PM NHFT
30 cops eating there(they were having an auto theft seminar in town)
I assume that was a "how to prevent", not a "how to" ;)

I did get to talk to a Canadian cop for a few minutes while I was outside...  All in all I think it was a positive experience...
Excellent!

one of the waitresses was telling me about the "guys with guns"
Did you answer:
"You mean, the armed gang that demands we pay their salary?"

CNHT

Some grand opening. Why no advertising?

Quantrill

Quote from: CNHT on May 24, 2007, 06:56 PM NHFT

I didn't even know it was Grand Opening until I got home and one of the roommates told me.  Stopped in for a little bit...

ny2nh

It was pretty low key - not sure how many people actually showed up for the grand opening vs. just being there.

CNHT

Quote from: ny2nh on May 24, 2007, 10:04 PM NHFT
It was pretty low key - not sure how many people actually showed up for the grand opening vs. just being there.

Well considering I helped picked the wines they serve, just thought there would be some notification of the official opening.

error

Someone will have to alter the calendar entries, too.

powerchuter

Quote from: d_goddard on May 24, 2007, 06:54 PM NHFT
30 cops eating there(they were having an auto theft seminar in town)
I assume that was a "how to prevent", not a "how to" ;)
Yes, how to prevent...and investigate...

I did get to talk to a Canadian cop for a few minutes while I was outside...  All in all I think it was a positive experience...
Excellent!
Thanks!

one of the waitresses was telling me about the "guys with guns"
Did you answer:
"You mean, the armed gang that demands we pay their salary?"

We were the "guys with guns"...I don't think the cops were armed...especially the Canadians...or the NYC cops...I don't think they are "allowed" to carry off-duty...

Of course, I didn't tell them how many arms I had either...heh, heh...(two visible)...

powerchuter

Quote from: CNHT on May 24, 2007, 06:56 PM NHFT

Well, even with no advertising the place was packed...
But I didn't see you there...

Have you even been there yet?
Maybe you'll have to visit for Tap Room Tuesdays...

ny2nh

I think some of us that go there a lot knew about it....and those who don't, didn't.

Lloyd Danforth

Dan

Quote from: CNHT on May 24, 2007, 11:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: ny2nh on May 24, 2007, 10:04 PM NHFT

Well considering I helped picked the wines they serve, just thought there would be some notification of the official opening.

Wolf Blass red label!  If anyone can name a state liqour dispensor carrying it, that would be great.

CNHT

Quote from: ny2nh on May 25, 2007, 07:04 AM NHFT
I think some of us that go there a lot knew about it....and those who don't, didn't.

Well that makes sense... after all, you get new business by advertising to the current customers....but only if they tell others! LOL
I was at the wine tasting party where we chose the wines...

CNHT

Quote from: powerchuter on May 25, 2007, 04:39 AM NHFT
Well, even with no advertising the place was packed...
But I didn't see you there...

Yes that was my point exactly -- no mention of it anywhere --- so how would I have known?
I'm a very busy person and see a lot of messages (about 1,000 per day) but nowhere did I see that.

cathleeninnh

Well Jane, we are going for an early dinner this evening around 6. You have been notified.  ;) Come on by!

Cathleen