• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Property Tax Revolt?

Started by FTL_Ian, April 24, 2005, 09:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Michael Fisher

LEAVE
GOVERNMENT
JAILSCHOOLS

IT TAKES
PUBLIC SCHOOLS
TO BANKRUPT
AN ENTIRE STATE

EDUCATION IS
TOO IMPORTANT
TO LEAVE TO
THE GOVERNMENT

EDUCATION IS
TOO IMPORTANT.
HOMESCHOOL
YOUR CHILDREN.

DO YOU TRUST
THE GOVERNMENT
WITH YOUR CHILDREN?

HOMESCHOOLERS:
STOP PAYING FOR
EDUCATION TWICE

GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS:
AN UNNATURAL DISASTER

FTL_Ian

Kat, we gave your event coverage with our discussion of the Supreme Court decision last night.  You can listen here:
http://freetalklive.com/files/FTL062305A.mp3
http://freetalklive.com/files/FTL062305B.mp3

Consider tying your protest into a larger property rights issue, as this is HOT right now.

If you guys like the positive consistent coverage FTL lavishes on the NH Free movement, please support the show, and help us spread into more radio stations and MP3 players!  $3 a month is a BIG help:  http://amp.freetalklive.com

foreverfree

PS...refrain from saying something!? ?Does it offend you? ?But I am expressing my 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHT. ?Isn't that what you want? ?Isn't that what this group is all about? ?I sense a little hypocrisy!!! ?You get what you wish for! ?Careful what you wish!

Michael Fisher

Quote from: FTL_Ian on June 24, 2005, 11:38 AM NHFT
Ignore the troll.? ?>:(

I don't even read his posts anymore.  That's the trick, really.  :)

Kat Kanning

Attacking my kid is my limit, I guess.

Michael Fisher

JonM

Ack! Heavy moderation!

Education is too important to leave to the government -- I like that more than "up to the government" but that could just be me.

FTL_Ian

Free speech on a private forum.  Silly people.  I'm not a fan of heavy moderation, but this forum has a specific purpose.  I think you should have deleted all of his posts as well.

Michael Fisher

That was not heavy moderation at all.? I would be the first to speak up if it were, and I'm sure everyone knows that.  ;)

Trolls try to get banned in order to divide the people of a forum against each other.? But because Kat refused to react until backed into a corner, it clarified who was in the wrong in this instance.

It was an innocent ultra-minimal moderation.? She even asked him nicely to stop first.? There was nothing else she could do.? Insulting someone's child is as low as it gets.

Michael Fisher

There's so much to say about gov schools.? I don't know where to begin!

GOV SCHOOLS
HARM OUR CHILDREN
AND SOCIETY

GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS:
ONE SIZE FITS ALL!

GOV SCHOOLS
TEACH CONFORMITY

GOV SCHOOLS:
"SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP"

GOV SCHOOLS:
ANOTHER METHOD
OF CONTROL

GOV SCHOOLS:
CONCENTRATION CAMPS
FOR CHILDREN

FORCED LEARNING
HARMS CHILDREN

INDEPENDENT LEARNING
REQUIRES FREEDOM

"COMPULSORY LEARNING
NEVER STICKS
TO THE MIND."
-Plato

JonM

How about:

EDUCATION
ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL

tracysaboe

Gail Lightfoot ran for the California U.S. Senate for the Libertarian Party a couple years back, and her soul focus was government schools, and abolishing the Dept of Education.

She had a really great site up explaining all the problems that government schools cause -- but it's not up anymore.

I found this, though.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040723083113/http://www.lightfootforussenate2004.org/

There are some good ideas in here. Perhaps KAt, could set up a simular site of her own, that's easy to understand.

Tracy

tracysaboe

BTW.

Exactly what percentage of your property tax bill, DOES go to the local school district?

Does this cut the Bill in Half, in 2/3rds? in 9/10ths?

What?

I'm sure it very's from town to town -- and even with-in towns, but what would a good estimate be?.
I tried to get something started a couple years back that was trying to make it so there was a dollar-for-dollar tax credit against the state-wide property tax for ALL donations to any private, religious or homeschool in NH. This might work at a local level too....

BTW, I'll be very glad, if something like that happened -- perhaps as a result of this protesting.

Then, I would take all my property tax money, and donate it to various charities instead. We'd need to make sure that these "charities" are of our own choosing. I don't need government telling me who I can and cannot give my money too.

I'd take a third of my property tax bill that goes to schools and donate it to my local church school. I'd give a third of it to the Liberty Scholarship Fund, and a third to the Christian one. (It's something like "Get the Kids Out.org or something.)

If something like this were possible for everybody do to -- the government schools would completely callapse w/in a year or too.

Tracy

Kat Kanning

58% in Keene, other towns I've heard can be as high as 75%.