• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Property Tax Revolt?

Started by FTL_Ian, April 24, 2005, 09:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

EZPass

Get a new bank. They're sticking it to you.

Lex

Quote from: EZPass on October 22, 2005, 09:50 PM NHFT

Well, we're moving to NH soon, so that's definitely an option. The nice thing about our bank though is that it's a credit union and we get really nice rates. Unfortunately, this bank does not have a branch in NH so we will most likely have to switch to another bank and we'll definitely look for one that will not require a tax escrow.

Any recommendations for good NH banks? Or should we wait until we move and go to a small local bank particular to the city we decide to move to?

EZPass

Quote from: eukreign on October 22, 2005, 11:10 PM NHFT

Any recommendations for good NH banks?

Just did a refinance at Laconia Savings Bank.  No tax escrow or insurance escrow required if you own more than 20% equity.  Nice people, too.

Lex

Quote from: EZPass on October 23, 2005, 07:10 PM NHFT
Any recommendations for good NH banks?

Just did a refinance at Laconia Savings Bank.  No tax escrow or insurance escrow required if you own more than 20% equity.  Nice people, too.

Thanks for the tip, we will consider them when we get our butts to NH :-)

Now to find a realtor...

KBCraig

Quote from: eukreign on October 23, 2005, 09:54 PM NHFT
Now to find a realtor...

Rumor has it there's one in the Seacoast area, who likes to hug.

But you don't want to live there.  ;)

AlanM

Quote from: KBCraig on October 23, 2005, 10:35 PM NHFT
Now to find a realtor...

But you don't want to live there.? ;)

Oh, no! Not.... the Porcupine hugger!  ;D

Kat Kanning

What part of the state do you want a realtor in, eukreign?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: KBCraig on October 23, 2005, 10:35 PM NHFT
Now to find a realtor...

But you don't want to live there.? ;)

I believe dave has listings for the entire state.

davemincin@gmail.com

Lex

Quote from: katdillon on October 24, 2005, 05:24 AM NHFT
What part of the state do you want a realtor in, eukreign?

Keene area.

Kat Kanning

:)  Cool.

If DaveM doesn't want to travel that far, this guy was good:

Matthew Clark of Maisello Group
(603) 352-5433 69a Island St
Keene, NH
http://www.masiello.com/

Dreepa

Well, we're moving to NH soon, so that's definitely an option. The nice thing about our bank though is that it's a credit union and we get really nice rates. Unfortunately, this bank does not have a branch in NH so we will most likely have to switch to another bank and we'll definitely look for one that will not require a tax escrow.

Any recommendations for good NH banks? Or should we wait until we move and go to a small local bank particular to the city we decide to move to?

You can stick with the CU.  I got my mortgage through my CU in CA.  I got a local checking account in town just because.
Also if you want to save 25% on you realtor fees see if you credit union does something like this:
http://xfcu.cuhomesavings.com/

Basically you go through that program to get your realtor (one local to the area you are looking in).  Then you get 25% of the realtor's commission back to you.
We found a realtor here in NH that we wanted, showed her the website and said I can do this or I can go to you if match it.  She did.

It is worth a try.

Kat Kanning

I got a property tax bill from Keene today.  They don't say if there are any penalties/interest.  There's just a generic note that says, "If there is a balance due on the preliminary bill (the first of July bill) please call ... for the total with interest amount due."  They did actually cash my partial check way back.  I just missed it somehow.  They apparently reassessed my house value up 20%, which is rediculous for an ancient mobile home.

Michael Fisher

If she's not gonna pay the whole tax, just raise the total of the tax.

::)

Kat Kanning

Heh.  I should say "I don't accept your version of the value of my property.  I'm only going to pay on the real value."

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on November 01, 2005, 06:51 PM NHFT
Heh.? I should say "I don't accept your version of the value of my property.? I'm only going to pay on the real value."

Great idea.  They do this to people all the time, and people tolerate it - BUT WHY?