• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Property Tax Revolt?

Started by FTL_Ian, April 24, 2005, 09:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

But if the 50 property tax revolters were coordinated, you could pretty much have 50 against 50 a large amout of the time.

And those 50 revolters would probably have friends who -- though they still pay their own property taxes -- might help defend the property of the revolters.

With passive civil disobendience of course.

Tracy

Russell Kanning

Sounds good. When you move here, I can help stand in front of your house.

tracysaboe

OK.

Russels trying out variations of his "I think you should do it."
;D
Tracy

Russell Kanning

I like the plan .... I am just not going to wait to have 50 people join in. I am doing it already and if you join me I will help you out. :)

How about this:

I think you should move to Keene and refuse to pay the outrages bill that the local crime bosses hand you in the form of a property tax.
Then I think you should turn over the tax collectors tables with me once a week and get arrested with me.
Then I think you should tell jokes in jail that make me laugh and make the guards change thier minds and let us go.

KBCraig

Quote from: tracysaboe on July 20, 2006, 01:42 PM NHFT
But if the 50 property tax revolters were coordinated, you could pretty much have 50 against 50 a large amout of the time.

That means leaving the other 49 properties unprotected.

tracysaboe

Well if they're wealthy enough, they might be able to higher private security and private gaurds. . .   ;D

Seriously,

Perhaps we could figure out a way to work out the logistics so that we could solve that problem Kevin.

Tracy

Russell Kanning

No better time than now Tracy .... you could do that there. :)

Dreepa

Tracy... sell the house now in SD.  Take your equity and move to NH.

Are you going to move to Keene?

KBCraig

Quote from: tracysaboe on July 20, 2006, 09:39 PM NHFT
Perhaps we could figure out a way to work out the logistics so that we could solve that problem Kevin.

I'm sure it's possible, and I'd like to see it happen.

Just so no one misunderstands, I absolutely support those who decide to stop paying taxes, and I don't want to sound pessimistic about standing up to the property thieves. I was just pointing out that 50 people banding together to stop paying taxes will be no safer together than they'd be individually. A civil disobedience action to stop the government from seizing property will have to rely on outsiders; if only the tax protestors are involved, police could just switch their focus from the property that is guarded, to those that aren't.

Kevin

Russell Kanning

SD isn't like the bay area .... there might not be a pile of equity. :(

Dreepa

Land worth more:

Better view
Beach/lake front
better neighborhoods
less crime
better schools
better neighbors
better access to certain stores
closer to highway

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Dreepa on July 21, 2006, 12:51 PM NHFT
Land worth more:

Better view
Beach/lake front
better neighborhoods
less crime
better schools
better neighbors
better access to certain stores
closer to highway

yes - all externally derived by value of location.

tracysaboe

Quote from: russellkanning on July 21, 2006, 10:11 AM NHFT
SD isn't like the bay area .... there might not be a pile of equity. :(

Yeah. I've only got about $5,000 equity right now.

And I've got a decent amount of credit card debt from my young stupid years I've got to get rid of.

Still looking at 2010 at my target year.

And to answer the question. I'm actually planning on moving th Grafton at this point.

TRacy

tracysaboe

Actually land values would be going down too if it wasn't for inflation, Zoning laws, and property taxes.

Tracy

Dreepa

Quote from: tracysaboe on July 21, 2006, 01:51 PM NHFT

Yeah. I've only got about $5,000 equity right now.

And I've got a decent amount of credit card debt from my young stupid years I've got to get rid of.

Still looking at 2010 at my target year.

And to answer the question. I'm actually planning on moving th Grafton at this point.

TRacy
I thought you were waiting til you had the house paid off before you moved.
Hell if that is all the equity you might as well sell now and move now.