• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Laid off and need a job

Started by 41mag, May 24, 2007, 03:44 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

41mag

Looking for a job due to lay offs for lack of work.

My background is mostly electronics.  If anyone hears of anything let me know please. 

Kat Kanning

PinoX7

maybe you should start yer own business or something,
I mean it dont have benifits or anything, but atleast you get what you put into it, and you dont have to worry about a BOSS

41mag

I'd like to, but I'm not sure what I could do.  The only thing I'd feel comfortable with going out on my own is something in the electronics field.  That would be troubleshooting/repair type work.  It would mean having to learn whatever system I'd be working on first.   :(

I also need a fairly steady income since I'm trying to get out of debt (a bit hard at the moment  :-\ ).

Libertarian Hippie

alecmuller

Hi there,

I'm a mechanical engineer at DEKA R&D in Manchester (you might have heard of Dean Kamen, our company president), and we're always looking for electrical and mechanical engineers and technicians.  We could particularly use an electrical tech, I believe.  If you're looking for work in one of these fields, please send your resume to me at alecmuller at gmail.com.

Good luck!
Alec

Lloyd Danforth

Oh!   I didn't know this!  Now I can't get the image of Alec rolling around on one of those 2 wheeled scooter things out of my head ;D

41mag

Quote from: alecmuller on June 09, 2007, 02:42 PM NHFT
Hi there,

I'm a mechanical engineer at DEKA R&D in Manchester (you might have heard of Dean Kamen, our company president), and we're always looking for electrical and mechanical engineers and technicians.  We could particularly use an electrical tech, I believe.  If you're looking for work in one of these fields, please send your resume to me at alecmuller at gmail.com.

Good luck!
Alec
You have e-mail.   :)

Thank you.

LiveFree

Wow, Dean's a hell of a guy.  I had the priveledge in high school of having breakfast with him, Governor Shaheen, and Ray Burton on an extra credit thing for my hs civics class.  After breakfast, Dean broke out the segway and was extremely eager to show us all how it worked and get us on it for a test ride.

Interesting note, as a result of my extra credit thing I did, I'm likely gonna be looking to intern under Ray sometime either this or next academic year.  He seemed like a pretty cool guy with plenty of connections.

41mag

Still looking for a job.  I'm in New London (I-89 between Concord and West Leb).  I'd prefer something in the electronics field (technician), but I'll need a job soon so I'll consider just about anything that will get my bills paid.

Thanks Alec, I'm still working on that lead.   :)