• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Solar water heater sale...

Started by MaineShark, May 24, 2007, 06:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

This just in:

Baxi, who makes some of the best gas boilers out there, is now offering a solar water heating system.

It's not as fancy as the Viessmann equipment that I usually install, but it's pretty decent equipment and the price difference is phenomenal.  For someone looking for an entry level system, this is the way to go.

I'll tell you what I can do.  If anyone wants to get into solar for short money, and unless your situation is atypical (eg, very long distance from the panel to the water tank, etc.), I'll sell you a solar package installed for $7000.  If you pay Federal taxes, you can take $2000 off when you file (that's a credit, not a deduction, so you'll get back the full amount, not a percentage).  So there's a system for $5000.

I'm typically going to charge $8000 for the Baxi system, but this is the slow season, so consider this a sale.

FYI, this system is designed to work with an existing boiler that is heating an indirect water tank, and will need space on a roof that faces roughly south.  If you have a different sort of water heater, or want to go with a tankless, I can work up a quote for that.

Joe