• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The funny life we live here

Started by Kat Kanning, May 25, 2007, 06:17 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Most women, when their friends/family are unexpectedly late or otherwise missing would worry that they've been in an accident or some such thing.  I always seem to be worrying that someone's been tossed in jail.  Just struck me how strange the life we lead here is, in some ways.

Lloyd Danforth

Mrs Soprano has to deal with that, too

error

Oh crap, Russell wasn't in an accident, was he?!? :(

Kat Kanning

slim

I think a lot of wives that lived in Communist USSR had the same feeling you never know when someone you love will be thrown in to a hole for years if not forever and maybe not even let you contact them.

Lex

Quote from: slim on May 25, 2007, 08:53 PM NHFT
I think a lot of wives that lived in Communist USSR had the same feeling you never know when someone you love will be thrown in to a hole for years if not forever and maybe not even let you contact them.

My great grandfather spent several decades in Siberia and after they let him out he was so sick he only lived for a few years. His arrest was due to his lack of fondness for the Soviet Union.

My father was beaten a few times for carrying a Ukrainian flag when Ukraine was still part of the Soviet Union.

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on May 25, 2007, 09:11 PM NHFTMy father was beaten a few times for carrying a Ukrainian flag when Ukraine was still part of the Soviet Union.
See the US isn't so bad .... I bet I could carry a Ukrainian flag safely.

slim

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 26, 2007, 09:00 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lex Berezhny on May 25, 2007, 09:11 PM NHFTMy father was beaten a few times for carrying a Ukrainian flag when Ukraine was still part of the Soviet Union.
See the US isn't so bad .... I bet I could carry a Ukrainian flag safely.
A Ukraninian flag is ok to carry in the US but don't carry a mexican flag or you could be deported as a "illegal immigrant" >:D

slim

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on May 25, 2007, 09:11 PM NHFT
My great grandfather spent several decades in Siberia and after they let him out he was so sick he only lived for a few years. His arrest was due to his lack of fondness for the Soviet Union.

My father was beaten a few times for carrying a Ukrainian flag when Ukraine was still part of the Soviet Union.
I am sorry to hear that about your grandfather but if government didn't hurt people the masses wound't fear it

David

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 26, 2007, 08:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 25, 2007, 06:53 PM NHFT
Russell's fine.
not everyone shares that opinion ;)
Geez, all that time I spend going around defending you from people who think you are insane, and there you go, ruining it for the rest of us,....again.  wasted effort.   :-X :duh:

David

On a more serious note.  In general, our priorities are so different from other people, that it can feel weird sometimes.  Some examples are Lordmetriods frustrations with his family, (they are similar to my frustrations), and communist swedon, AlanM's rant about the police sting they did on him at his job, and my rant about eminent domain.
I'm glad your family is together, despite the "brief stints in Jail".   ;D