• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Room(s) Available (Northwood)

Started by MaineShark, May 26, 2007, 04:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

Denise and I have a 5-bedroom/2-bath house in Northwood.  We do not need that much space at present, so one or two of the bedrooms are available to rent.

The house is a 2000-square-foot antique (1850's) farm house on three acres of land, with easy access to Rt 4, 107, 202, and 9 (Northwood is a major intersection).  Concord, Manchester, Portsmouth, Durham, Rochester, and Dover are all within easy commuting distance.  There is an attached barn/garage with plenty of storage space.  Pictures and words really don't do it justice.

If someone wants one room, we're looking for about $500/month plus a portion of utilities.  If someone wants to rent both of the available rooms (eg, use one for a bedroom and the other for an office), we may be able to work out a discount.

No cats, dogs or smoking, as Denise is allergic.  Exception made for Siberian Huskies, since they don't set off her allergies.

Joe

MaineShark

Adding some info, since questions were asked privately and others might benefit from the answers:

We could do a two-month rental as a minimum.  We'd like half a month's rent as a deposit for a longer-term rental.  For a short-term rental (eg, 2 months), we're really prefer a full month's rent as a deposit.

Utilities: We currently have cable Internet.  No phone service is active (we use cell phones), but you could contact Verizon and have it activated for your use, if you liked, as all the wiring is still there.  Similarly, you would be welcome to have Metrocast activate the cable TV if you wanted, and we might be willing to split the cost on that one, but we'd have to think it over.  Electricity, heat, and hot water are obviously present.

Joe

Dreepa

You might want to mention that you have a baby.

MaineShark

Uh, yes, we have a baby, in case that matters to anyone.

Joe

Dreepa

Quote from: MaineShark on May 28, 2007, 01:33 PM NHFT
Uh, yes, we have a baby, in case that matters to anyone.

Joe
Not trying to be a dick but think about it.

You are 23 year old male... you want to move to NH.... you hear of a room then you find out that you share the house with a baby.  Not something I would have done when I was 23 and single.

MaineShark

Quote from: Dreepa on May 28, 2007, 04:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: MaineShark on May 28, 2007, 01:33 PM NHFTUh, yes, we have a baby, in case that matters to anyone.
Not trying to be a dick but think about it.

You are 23 year old male... you want to move to NH.... you hear of a room then you find out that you share the house with a baby.  Not something I would have done when I was 23 and single.

Oh, we weren't planning to hide the kiddo.  Just figured people who were interested in rooms would contact us, then we'd discuss the details.

Joe

Fragilityh14

very interested in renting a room, though I dont know if I can afford 500 a month, though I imagine it is worth it.

I have enough money to pay that initially, I just need to be able to find a job etc in NH. I am able to work and have good experience, but I dont drive (well I can drive I dont have a car)...is there a website that would have good job listings specifically for Northwood?

MaineShark

Quote from: Fragilityh14 on June 05, 2007, 10:23 AM NHFTI am able to work and have good experience, but I dont drive (well I can drive I dont have a car)...is there a website that would have good job listings specifically for Northwood?

I'm not aware of one, but you can search based on zip code (03261 for Northwood) in some of the job sites.  I don't know about getting around Northwood without a vehicle, though, as it is not really walking/bicycling-friendly... (lack of sidewalks, and some roads actually lack significant shoulders)

Joe

Pat McCotter

Northwood School District is looking for school bus drivers. There is a sign at the bus garage at Northwood School - hint, hint, someone get and post the number??????.

Also, there is a place on 107 South from 4/202/9 that is advertising for school bus drivers.

Dreepa

Quote from: Fragilityh14 on June 05, 2007, 10:23 AM NHFT
but I dont drive (well I can drive I dont have a car)...is there a website that would have good job listings specifically for Northwood?
If you don't have a car you may want to look at the 'larger' cities  Keene, Concord, Nashua, Manchester, Portsmouth etc.

Quantrill

If you don't drive, maybe you could live somewhere along the western border and float down the Connecticut river to work.

:fishing: