• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hemp-enhanced health/beauty/spa items available

Started by PassionatePantherrr, May 27, 2007, 01:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PassionatePantherrr

I haven't put these up on my website yet, and will primarily be taking orders for these at Porcfest (I won't have many stock items, but should have samples of items in the scents/flavors I'll be carrying). Some items will be herb/vitamin-enriched, but not hemp-enhanced, as I simply don't have suppliers for those products yet.
Face/body lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner, lip balm, body wash, moisturizing spray, exfoliating scrub, shave cream, soy-candles that melt into edible massage oil, as well as lubricant (flavoured, unflavoured, and even some organic, paraben-free & glycerin-free), feminine arousal enhancement gel, prolong-creme, etc.
Let me know if there's something in particular that you're looking for, and I'll try to accommodate special orders/requests.  ;D

41mag

Why hemp-enhanced?  I've not heard too much about hemp until the past couple of years, but I can't think of any benifit for these type of products.  ???

PowerPenguin

Just slick marketing, probably. Still, I'm at least prospectively interested, and will have to check it out @ PF. Will you be having a booth?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: 41mag on May 27, 2007, 06:24 PM NHFT
Why hemp-enhanced?  I've not heard too much about hemp until the past couple of years, but I can't think of any benifit for these type of products.  ???

We have a Hemp oil based salve we use and it is almost a miracle on sunburn and other skin irritations.  :)

http://www.hempworld.com/hempworldhotels_com/htms/Health/Therapeutic_Hemp_Oil.html

Dreepa

Quote from: powerpenguin on May 28, 2007, 02:38 PM NHFT
Just slick marketing, probably. Still, I'm at least prospectively interested, and will have to check it out @ PF. Will you be having a booth?
I think table 10
http://freestateproject.org/festival/vending

MaineShark

Quote from: 41mag on May 27, 2007, 06:24 PM NHFTWhy hemp-enhanced?  I've not heard too much about hemp until the past couple of years, but I can't think of any benifit for these type of products.  ???

Denise can answer more, but hemp oils are better than most of the vegetable oil products.  It's a very high quality oil, whereas most products rely strictly on low-grade soy oils and the like.  Denise has sampled many different products, and will only be carrying the high quality stuff.  Basically, the plan is that any product she keeps in stock is something we would actually not mind having around the house, if she closed the business and we were stuck with the stock.

And yes, we'll be at table 10.  Half the table will be high-efficiency heating and solar equipment, and the other half with be HBA.  That should be amusing, at the very least :)

Joe

KBCraig

"Hemp based oil..."

Sounds like bong water to me.  ;D

PassionatePantherrr

1) Yes, we'll be at table 10 :)
2) Why hemp?
No other plant oil is as rich in essential fatty acids (EFA), and has the proper ratio of Omega 3 and Omega 6 EFAs for the most health benefit. EFAs have been shown to be important in maintaining healthy skin and hair, therefore hemp oil is a great choice for body care. It can also directly absorb into the lipid (fat) layers of dry skin cells, replenishing the oils that are missing due to sun exposure, poor nutrition, or neglect, and can slow down the aging effects on skin. Hemp Seed Oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, and provides a natural barrier to moisture loss and increases skin's natural moisture retention capacity. It also takes minimal fertilizers and generally no pesticides to be grown.
3) Joe was basically correct in his reply, the only items that I'll be stocking that I can't personally use are massage candles as they are so popular (I can't use them as they are made with soy-wax, and I'm soy allergic).

Dreepa

Quote from: toowm on May 29, 2007, 10:25 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on May 28, 2007, 07:06 PM NHFT
I think table 10
http://freestateproject.org/festival/vending

Did you contract with a certain minor I know for half of table 15?
I won't need all my space.
I did make an offer to Shuvom who I think will need some space.... but if you are talking about someone he can have some space as well... I like his style.
We can talk about it on Saturday. (I will be coming about 11:15amish)

PowerPenguin

Quote from: PassionatePantherrr on May 29, 2007, 09:55 AM NHFT
1) Yes, we'll be at table 10 :)
2) Why hemp?
No other plant oil is as rich in essential fatty acids (EFA), and has the proper ratio of Omega 3 and Omega 6 EFAs for the most health benefit. EFAs have been shown to be important in maintaining healthy skin and hair, therefore hemp oil is a great choice for body care. It can also directly absorb into the lipid (fat) layers of dry skin cells, replenishing the oils that are missing due to sun exposure, poor nutrition, or neglect, and can slow down the aging effects on skin. Hemp Seed Oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, and provides a natural barrier to moisture loss and increases skin's natural moisture retention capacity. It also takes minimal fertilizers and generally no pesticides to be grown.
3) Joe was basically correct in his reply, the only items that I'll be stocking that I can't personally use are massage candles as they are so popular (I can't use them as they are made with soy-wax, and I'm soy allergic).

Hmm. How does this compare to fish oil? The downside of fish products is...

1. Stinky.
2. Make you more regular than you want to be sometimes.
3. Creates gas.

The pro is that it is cheap to buy in volume.

PassionatePantherrr

Quote from: PowerPenguin on May 30, 2007, 01:54 AM NHFT
Hmm. How does this compare to fish oil? The downside of fish products is...
1. Stinky.
2. Make you more regular than you want to be sometimes.
3. Creates gas.

The pro is that it is cheap to buy in volume.
It also doesn't have the same ratio of Omega fatty acids, and I'd rather have a slightly nutty aroma, rather than a fishy one, especially for those items that are for enhancing one's personal moisture. :)