• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Govt tends to grow if you use violence against it

Started by Dave Ridley, May 27, 2007, 09:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

You have these options:

1. Learn to live with the incredible restrictions on your liberty from not being able to discuss child rape, "Let's go kill some cops" etc. here

2.  Leave

aworldnervelink

Well, since you're determined to be hypocritical and arbitrary, and to ignore all of my questions, I'm happy to leave. No more Google ad revenue from me! Another forum will be starting up soon... the market will solve the problem.

dalebert

Quote from: aworldnervelink on May 31, 2007, 10:17 AM NHFT
Another forum will be starting up soon... the market will solve the problem.

Finally. What a relief. Dang.

FTL_Ian

burnthebeautiful

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: aworldnervelink on May 31, 2007, 09:33 AM NHFT
Right. I was just using him as an example of someone I saw fit to Ignore.

For another example, mvpel frequently posts pro-war screeds that I vehemently disagree with. Here we are talking about the advocation of violence on a mass scale - the initiation or continuation of war. I would not call for these posts to be removed. Mike is also a friend of mine, so maybe not the best example, but you get my drift.

There must be someone on this forum who I don't know or just don't like who posts inflammatory stuff... but I still would not want their right to post restricted.

What 'right' to post?   You don't get it!

lastlady

Well, since you're determined to be hypocritical and arbitrary, and to ignore all of my questions, I'm happy to leave. No more Google ad revenue from me! Another forum will be starting up soon... the market will solve the problem.

I agree with all of what aworldnervelink has said through this thread. I've been very dissapointed in the recent course of events. I applaud him for having the courage to express what I've been feeling but didn't want to have a mob like lynching come after me, I have remained silent.

It's interesting to me, I find what Rob was detailing in his example (an example mind you Kat has repeated over and over again) is almost the first thing anyone thinks about when meeting someone who says they are a pacifist. The idea to many including myself of not fighting back and defending yourself when physically encountering violence is one thing, but standing by and allowing someone to harm your child while you do nothing is really hard for people to comprehend. Instead of taking the example, the discussion and explaining why you would not protect your most loved being in the world is beyond me. Somethng I am still curious to know and have heard others ask the same question and still no answer.

I don't agree that this is your home. This is a public forum meant for discussing ideas. I've read so many things here not meant for children. And I most definetly don't want to censor myself or support what has gone on here.

This whole event has really sadden me. Not that long ago I found the Kannings to be an inspiration. I found the Liberty movement in New Hampshire to be just amazing and filled my heart with hope and joy like you wouldn't beleive. Well the honeymoon is over!  :-\

Live Free or Die!!!!!!

FTL_Ian

QuoteI don't agree that this is your home. This is a public forum meant for discussing ideas.

Incorrect.  This is a private forum open to the public.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: lastlady on May 31, 2007, 11:44 AM NHFT

I agree with all of what aworldnervelink has said through this thread. I've been very dissapointed in the recent course of events. I applaud him for having the courage to express what I've been feeling but didn't want to have a mob like lynching come after me, I have remained silent.

It's interesting to me, I find what Rob was detailing in his example (an example mind you Kat has repeated over and over again) is almost the first thing anyone thinks about when meeting someone who says they are a pacifist. The idea to many including myself of not fighting back and defending yourself when physically encountering violence is one thing, but standing by and allowing someone to harm your child while you do nothing is really hard for people to comprehend. Instead of taking the example, the discussion and explaining why you would not protect your most loved being in the world is beyond me. Somethng I am still curious to know and have heard others ask the same question and still no answer.

I don't agree that this is your home. This is a public forum meant for discussing ideas. I've read so many things here not meant for children. And I most definetly don't want to censor myself or support what has gone on here.

This whole event has really sadden me. Not that long ago I found the Kannings to be an inspiration. I found the Liberty movement in New Hampshire to be just amazing and filled my heart with hope and joy like you wouldn't beleive. Well the honeymoon is over!  :-\

Live Free or Die!!!!!!

If this is how you handle a bump in the road what the Hell do you do when you get to a hill?

eques

How do you figure that a pacifist will stand by and do nothing while their child is being harmed?  I don't think that "pacifism" equates to "suppress the protective instinct," certainly not in my mind.

Grabbing your child and running away is most certainly an option, unless you've been incapacitated somehow, in which the whole question of self-defense is moot anyway!

Kat Kanning

Love that new picture, Kevin.  Boy, I've really kept you from speaking.   ::)

dalebert

The Kannings do not have a responsibility to provide a medium for others to speak. To expect them to is to disrespect property rights and is why these censorship arguments sound really bizarre on a LIBERTARIAN forum.

BTW, why is Lastlady suddenly posting as a guest? That's very odd. Was that really her?

FTL_Ian

Lloyd Danforth

FTL_Ian

Libertarians sure can be an uppity bunch.   ::)