• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A couple of events of interest

Started by Rosie the Riveter, May 28, 2007, 07:17 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie the Riveter

I don't have any more details about these events but they may be good opportunities to meet your neighbors in Manchester and share the message of liberty.

Friday, June 1, 2007

5:30 p.m. – Neighbors for a Better Manchester (neighborhood watch) event (Mayor to give brief remarks); Carol Rines Center; 1528 Elm St.; Manchester

Saturday, June 2, 2007

10 a.m. – West Side Clean-Up Block Party; Corner of South Main and Granite Streets; Manchester

ny2nh

Kate

do you have any more info on this bock party/clean up thing? I can't seem to find any additional info anywhere....

Tammy

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: ny2nh on May 30, 2007, 06:32 PM NHFT
Kate

do you have any more info on this bock party/clean up thing? I can't seem to find any additional info anywhere....

Tammy

Unfortunately, I don't, I found the info on NH Insider in the Mayor's public schedule post.

Dave Ridley

Dave Ridley

whoop   looks like it conflicts with the new MVP meeting time

ny2nh

Well, I got the scoop on this "clean-up". NeighborWorks will be meeting at 10:00 at the corner of West & Granite and head out around 10:30 in groups of 2 or 3 to pick up trash in the "neighborhood". After reading the article forwarded last night, I was curious about which patch of land they were going to be cleaning/landscaping next to the Parker St bridge....since this is next to MY house. They said, yes they would be mowing it.....and I informed them that it's been mowed twice in the past week.

I inquired why if the purpose of this is neighborhhod revitalization, they didn't inform the neighborhood - since everyone I checked with knew nothing about it. There are posters on the telephone poles on Granite Street, but that's about it. [By the way - it's illegal to post on telephone poles but I guess in the name of revitalizaion,. it's OK :) ] They basically explained that they must have not done a good enough job reaching out to all of the neighbors.

My concern is that my street doesn't need clean-up and I'm not thrilled that they are marketing this to the people who live a couple blocks away - in a neighborhood that has a completely different make-up than mine. I don't need the criminal element from that neighborhood being introduced to mine - so they can realize that the gully next to my house is pretty secluded and would be a great place for teens to hang out, etc. without the cops being able to find them.

So - if you want to help clean up Granite Street - and if that is where they actually do this "clean-up", then you'll have to choose between that and the MVP picnic.

I think I'll opt for the picnic.