• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moms with young(ish) kids?

Started by Zambra, May 29, 2007, 09:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Zambra

Hi!  I am new to the forum and newer to New Hampshire (we moved last August).  Not part of the FSP but libertarian... Our move was job/career related.

So, I am in need of some liberty minded friends.  Since I have two little ones (3 years and 1 year) most of my time (and thoughts) revolve around kids.  Are there any moms or dads who are at home during the day who would like to get together occasionally with the kids?  We are in Concord but I don't mind driving a bit (< 1 hour) for some fun activities.

MaineShark

Denise and I live in Northwood, which is about 15-20 minutes east of Concord.  Our son Kaelan is just a bit over five months old.  I know she's interested in meeting with local moms, so I'll make sure to mention this thread to her.

Joe

Rosie the Riveter

Welcome to nhfree.com and to NH.

I would be up for a "playdate" at Livingston Park in Manchester, I have Wednesdays off and know another FSP mom and tot that I could "drag" along.

Are you free Wednesday June 6th or June 13th to come and hang with us in Manch?

~Kate

Lactivist

Hi Zambra!

I have a 9 month old son (Cole) and one on the way.  I'm also in Manchester, and probably the friend Rosie talked about dragging along!  I'm a stay at home mom...so anytime your free let me know.  I can also come up to Concord (especially for Moose ice cream!).  I'd love to meet more liberty minded moms.  I moved at the end of October, and am anxious to meet new people.  Let me know your plans or e-mail me at cali2pu@aol.com.

Welcome!  Jenn

Dreepa

Quote from: LActavist on May 30, 2007, 06:10 AM NHFT

I'm a stay at home mom...so anytime your free let me know.  I can also come up to Concord (especially for Moose ice cream!). 

Gotta love the cool moose.  Did you see the car out front?

mvpel

We have a 3 year old.  Drop Caren or I a note or give us a ring - 424-6916.

Vote Tyler Stearns

My kids are older (15 & 18), but we live just under an hour's drive north of you on the road to Waterville Valley.  It's beautiful up here - lakes/ponds, walking/hiking trails, children's theatre, great recreation programs for tots - and I'd be willing to show you around and talk mommy stuff.  Check out this website to see what's happening up here this summer:
www.visitwatervillevalley.com
and PM me if you want to come by.

Oh yeah, I work M-F 8-2:30 and have weekends off.

Zambra

Wow!  I had no idea there were so many parents with younger kids on this forum.  Thanks for all the replies.  I would definitely be up for a visit to Manchester.  I think the 13th would work the best for us.  My email is kb9ier@gmail.com and I will get an email out to Kate and Jenn so we can organize.

I like Beech Hill farm (http://www.beechhillfarm.com/) in Hopkinton (especially the ice cream) so if anyone who is closer to Concord would like to meet up there (or elsewhere) please let me know.  Maybe the end of next week (7th or the 8th)?

Thanks malevil for the invitation - it sounds beautiful.

Nicole

Dreepa

Quote from: Zambra on May 30, 2007, 09:56 AM NHFT

I like Beech Hill farm (http://www.beechhillfarm.com/) in Hopkinton (especially the ice cream)

I went there twice this past week.  We helped the baby steer back into the pen after it escaped. :)
We call it the Ice Cream Barn.

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Zambra on May 30, 2007, 09:56 AM NHFT
Wow!  I had no idea there were so many parents with younger kids on this forum.  Thanks for all the replies.  I would definitely be up for a visit to Manchester.  I think the 13th would work the best for us.  My email is kb9ier@gmail.com and I will get an email out to Kate and Jenn so we can organize.

I like Beech Hill farm (http://www.beechhillfarm.com/) in Hopkinton (especially the ice cream) so if anyone who is closer to Concord would like to meet up there (or elsewhere) please let me know.  Maybe the end of next week (7th or the 8th)?

Thanks malevil for the invitation - it sounds beautiful.

Nicole

Alright -- let's meet the 13th at Livingston Park how'bout 10:00 am? Jenn does that work for you?

Lactivist

10 am sounds good to me.

And by the way, cool moose rocks!  My husband says that as my due date approaches he expects to call and find me on my way to Concord more and more!

Dreepa

Quote from: LActavist on May 30, 2007, 05:27 PM NHFT
10 am sounds good to me.

And by the way, cool moose rocks!  My husband says that as my due date approaches he expects to call and find me on my way to Concord more and more!
My daughter LOVES to stare at the moose while she eats pink ice cream.

Rochelle

Quoted by the way, cool moose rocks!  My husband says that as my due date approaches he expects to call and find me on my way to Concord more and more!
Another! Congratulations :)!
I had to read that post, and the first one you wrote in this thread again before I realized that I hadn't misread.
When's the due date?

Lactivist

Thanks, October 27th!  14 months apart...I'm scared but excited!

Dreepa

Quote from: LActavist on May 30, 2007, 07:50 PM NHFT
Thanks, October 27th!  14 months apart...I'm scared but excited!
Almost 'Irish Twins'