• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene FY08 Budget and Council Meeting June 7th

Started by bobnh26, May 30, 2007, 08:40 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bobnh26

Folks - If you want to get involved on limiting the City of Keene's tax and spend philosophy and practice, please go to City Hall, 3rd floor to the Finance office and kindly request for a copy of the City's FY08 Operating Budget proposal.  Make sure you have a free hand to carry as it is spiral bound and 385 pages!  READ the budget (make lots of coffee-you'll need it) and be sure to take lots of notes as to where you think the city needs to cut spending or omit new spending.  Then, clear your calendar for June 7th at 7:00 PM to attend the City Council Meeting on the FY08 budget (check the City website in case they change time to 6:00 PM - I hope and expect this to be a long meeting).  Lastly, be heard!  A lot of people attended the Eminent Domain hearing, but many sat on their hands and therefore, never spoke.  It's up to all of us to keep our City Council on their toes until the election, when they will then be out on their arses!

bobnh26

To anyone that attended, I felt like I was a lone dissenting voice.  I pointed to the most important page in the entire budget - page 40.  It lists the fact that only 5 City Councilors will keep their seats until 2009.  All else are up for re-election.  Any takers?

FTL_Ian