• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Announce your move to the Keene area

Started by David, June 02, 2007, 02:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Hi Tom,
Did any of us meet you recently? If I did, I don't remember now. To make it up to you PatK will buy you a drink when you show up.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: dalebert on January 10, 2008, 11:25 AM NHFT
I left you a private message about this. I know people new to the forum don't always know about private messages though so I thought I'd post here as well. The messages are really discrete. There's a tiny little number that appears next to your messages in the links up top. If you aren't looking for it, it's very easy to miss. I've gone weeks sometimes not realizing someone left me a message.

FYI:  Under profile / personal message options, you'll find a handy feature that pops up notification when you have a new message!

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Tom Ploszaj on January 10, 2008, 11:43 AM NHFT
Hi  Everyone.
I never did learn where everyone was from when I met you at Porcfest '07 or by lurking in the forums.  But I have a ride offer to Keene this Jan. 19-21 and would like to meet with others.  I'm interested in chatting about areas in NH and low cost properties for my move.  I am putting out this request hoping for an offer to be hosted for a couple of nights to talk and meet.
Thanks.   ploszaj54@hotmail.com    860-416-2099

Feel free to stop by Social Sundays:
http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=12694.0

Kat Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on January 10, 2008, 12:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on January 10, 2008, 11:25 AM NHFT
I left you a private message about this. I know people new to the forum don't always know about private messages though so I thought I'd post here as well. The messages are really discrete. There's a tiny little number that appears next to your messages in the links up top. If you aren't looking for it, it's very easy to miss. I've gone weeks sometimes not realizing someone left me a message.
FYI:  Under profile / personal message options, you'll find a handy feature that pops up notification when you have a new message!

Cool  :D  I did not know that  :blush:

dalebert

Yeah, I think I have that on now, but it's not on by default so new users prolly don't know about it.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: dalebert on January 10, 2008, 01:47 PM NHFT

Yeah, I think I have that on now, but it's not on by default so new users prolly don't know about it.

That can be toggled by an administrator.

Tom Ploszaj

Russ we met, I was helping Rich with the filming and you were running back and forth but I was just the "new " face in the crowd and didn't know anyone or their involvement in NH

David

Vitruvian posted elsewhere that he is moving.   :)

David

David

Attention to all new movers:  Announce when you plan to be in Keene, and we can do a meet n' greet, we will even help you move in.  You only owe us pizza.   ;)
If you are the shy, or self reliant type, and uncomfortable asking for help moving in, then don't ask, just announce and those that can help will offer to help. 

FTL_Ian

maulotaur

HI all - I just joined the FSP recently and am planning to visit the Keene area in a few weeks to check it out.  From what I have heard & read, it sounds like it may be the place for me and my partner.  I have been where I am for most of my life so it will be a big step to actually get out of here, but I am certainly looking forward to it.  In the past few years here in southeast VA we have gained great things like face-scanning cameras on sidewalks, license-plate photographing at intersections, and city council trying to ban any sort of public gathering  in "their" new town center park.  We also have the state govt wanting all kinds of ridiculous fees like thousands dollars for "speeding" and new tolls on old highways. 

-Paul in VA

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on August 10, 2007, 11:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: shyfrog on August 10, 2007, 07:03 PM NHFT
Then I am here to announce that I moved to the Keene area with my daughter June 1st 2007

Hoping for the rest of the family (wife and 3 more kids...oldest isn't coming) next year, same time.

Congratulations, June of 2008 will be here before you know it.  8) 

Puke

TackleTheWorld

Welcome Paul
The Keene area folks are hosting a bus of visitors from Porcfest on Tuesday, June 10.  We'll show them around with a tour guide,  feed them pancakes, and maybe get them to help with some building project.  It will be a good time to visit.  Hope to see you soon.