• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Thinking about a generator? Already have a Guardian?

Started by mvpel, June 05, 2007, 12:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpel

Hey folks,

If anyone's thinking about getting an automatic standby generator, here's a couple of considerations:

If you order a Guardian brand generator through Home Depot's website via the link at iGive.com, the cause of your choice - the Free State Project, Gun Owners of New Hampshire, etc - will get 1.6% of your purchase.  About $43 of my generator purchase went to GO-NH, plus a $5 bonus on your first iGive purchase.

Also, I have a $50 referral rebate form which you can claim for your Guardian generator after purchase and delivery.

And if anyone has an existing Guardian generator, I'd be happy to submit the rebate form with you so we can both claim the $50 rebate.  Let me know.

The next trick is going to be getting the 510-pound unit from my garage to the far end of the house without gravely injuring myself or anyone else.  :D

mvpel

It's a 2' x 4' x 2.5' unit, and it's going to be permanently installed, so a cart would just need to get it across the lawn.

Crocuta

If your path from garage to final resting point is fairly flat, go to a local fencing supply store and pick up 3 or 4 round wood fence posts.  Use them as rollers to move from the garage, picking up the back one as you go and replacing it at the front, in the direction of travel.  In this manner, you could probably move the entire thing yourself with a lawn tractor.  I've moved heavier objects than that by myself in the same manner.  The hardest part at that point is getting one edge up off the ground to put the first roller underneath.  After that, you've got physics on your side.  :D

mvpel

I think I've got a number of those laying about on the property already, but I think for the flat paved surface we'll be able to use the piano dolly.  The trick is going to be the grassy part, which is a bit soft due to yesterday's rain, and a bit of an uphill slope.