• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Starting anew

Started by Bald Eagle, June 05, 2007, 11:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Bald Eagle

I am 38, and moving to the Concord area in August, 2007.  I am willing to do just about anything to get established after the move, including driving, delivery, pouring concrete, laying brick, doing electrical work, woodwork, mechanical work, delivering mail, data entry, computer programming, spreadsheets, teaching, restaurant or bartending, you name it.

I'm a fast learner, I actually show up to work, on time, and if "there's nothing to do" I have a habit of finding something to do.   :o  My schooling and work experience includes the following:

4 out of 5 years of Rutgers College of Pharmacy program

BA Chemistry Thomas Edison State College

Spent a very painful 10 years pursuing a PhD in Organic Chemistry, specializing in the synthesis of unnatural and highly reactive amino acids for use as probes of enzyme mechanism.
     Palladium and other transition-metal catalyzed reactions
     Handling highly reactive and pyrophoric chemicals under inert atmosphere
     Isolation, purification, and characterization of products by:
          UV, MP/BP, IR, MS, GC, HPLC
          1H, 13C, NOSY, COSY, DEPT, and other NMR methods

I am somewhat familiar with other chemical and biochemical methods such as agarose and SDS-PAGE.

Currently Licensed to sell firearms for FFL dealers in Virginia

As mentioned above, I'm willing to consider employment doing just about anything that pays well, although I would love to learn about mechanical engineering and the fabrication of quality metal parts either by hand or by CNC.

MaineShark

You may want to check out Lonza Biologics in Portsmouth, as they occasionally have various positions open.

Joe