• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I have some issues with my own procrastination does anyone else?

Started by Raineyrocks, June 13, 2007, 04:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I mean have issues with their own procrastination not mine. :)
My List goes like this:

1. I haven't nearly finished writing my Freestater's "made the move" paper yet and it's been almost a year.

2. Letters to the editor, I've written only 1 in all this time.

3.  Exercising and eating right like starting the raw food diet again, haven't stuck to a damn thing for over 2 weeks.

4.  Losing weight, won't even go there, basically I've been a lard for 8 years.

5.  Finding a doctor to take care of my thyroid issues since I moved so maybe I can lose weight.

6.  Getting together a home school plan for the kids for next year.

7.  Unpacking the rest of my stuff since we moved.

8.  Tired of this list already maybe I'll add to it sometime.

9.  I have started reading 4 books in the past 4 years never finished any yet.

10. I haven't even started reading my Thich Nhat Hanh books I got for Christmas.

11. I did make Amtrak reservations to go to Maryland to see my daughter and grandkids this summer but I haven't reserved a rental car to drive the rest of the way from the train station yet.  So I'll probably be stuck in Delaware.

12.  I haven't started writing books yet.

13.  I haven't contacted Stephen King so I can become his friend and give him some ideas for his book.

14. I haven't organized anything that I should the right way including this list, see #8.

15.  My things to do list is lost so I forget what other stuff I haven't done yet.

You know it makes me laugh when I see these "quit procrastination books".  What procrastinator ever actually starts or finishes reading the damn things. :)

Lloyd Danforth

Raineyrocks

Kat Kanning

error

Lloyd Danforth

I've been trying to get back to this topic.  I've decided.  No Rainey, I don't have any issues with your procrastination.

dawn

Don't be so hard on yourself!

You probably find that you DO get lots of things done, but maybe they're not the things you think you should be doing. It comes down to priorities. I have lots of things I'd like to do but other things get in the way. I guess when it becomes an issue, you have to look at what you are spending your time and energy on and decide if any of the things on your list are things you'd "really" rather be doing.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on June 13, 2007, 05:03 PM NHFT
I will comment on this later
boy you sure didn't hesitate to get that reply in

I am thinking about it

Kat Kanning

MaineShark

Dreepa

Hey at least you moved... many of the FSPers are procrastinating on that front. :P

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 13, 2007, 08:57 PM NHFT
1.  Make procrastination list.

Come to think of it I did accomplish making my list, partly anyway. :)

Raineyrocks

Raineyrocks

Quote from: lawofattraction on June 13, 2007, 09:22 PM NHFT
A couple of months ago I read a great article on developing the discipline to get things done. Only problem is, I cannot remember where I read it, and cannot seem to find it despite multiple Googlings.  :'(

I have read articles like that too but I always forget what they said.  I've even printed them out before and then lost the papers. ::)