• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hand dada video cam if....

Started by Dave Ridley, June 14, 2007, 11:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

because of my past as a news videographer I have the ability to shoot one minute or two minute videos edited in the camera.  If you spot me at an event, and can more or less guarantee you will put it on youtube...feel free to hand me your camera sometime and let me fire away.  I can hand you the camera back and you can just dump it straight to you tube without having to do any editing.   

Such video also could be aired as-is on one of our cable shows....as background video while the host is talking.

However I'm not interested in shooting video that might be edited at some hypothetical future date and don't plan to volunteer-edit any myself.

Rosie the Riveter

"Part-Time News Videographer

WMUR-TV is looking for an energetic and creative part-time news videographer. Applicant should have strong shooting and editing skills with at least two years of news experience. The successful candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to keep up with our fast pace.

Please send tape and resume to:

James T. Breen
Director of News Operation
100 South Commercial Street
Manchester, NH 03101"

http://www.wmur.com/community/803173/detail.html

Dave Ridley

shot two 5 minute long videos edited in the free minds tv camera and narrated on the spot.   shot one more or less silent.  we'll see what the free minds guys do with them. 

Puke

You certainly looked like you knew what you were doing Saturday.
I can't wait to see the footage.

Bald Eagle

I think that we need to start independently recording interviews with the media so that we can post the "real" interview that took place, rather than the slanted, spun, selectively and contextually modified quotes that are frequently passed off as "news" to the gullible masses.

Is there any way to capture/save/archive the video streams so that we can have training classes for dealing with the press where we review what the press did with our statements and learn how to minimize the press using our statements against us?

error

Sure. Plug DV camera into Macintosh, let Macintosh take care of it.

KBCraig

Quote from: error on June 26, 2007, 10:46 PM NHFT

Well said for a *n*x guy!  ;D

error

Quote from: KBCraig on June 27, 2007, 01:39 AM NHFT

Macintosh IS *n*x.

KBCraig

Quote from: error on June 27, 2007, 09:37 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on June 27, 2007, 01:39 AM NHFT

Macintosh IS *n*x.

I know. But lots of *n*x people deny it.

Dave Ridley

Quote from: Bald Eagle on June 26, 2007, 08:26 PM NHFT
Is there any way to capture/save/archive the video streams so that we can have training classes for dealing with the press where we review what the press did with our statements and learn how to minimize the press using our statements against us?

"Our Local Media Relations: Tips from an Insider"
http://www.freestateproject.org/about/essay_archive/mediarelations.php

Dave Ridley

Toby and company have posted some of my edited-in-the camera videos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aY3qRX4bKlo

Not as interesting as roger's videos but bear in mind this one only took about half a man hour to produce.  I could shoot these in huge quantity with limited effort....

Just hand me a cam anytime you want me to shoot more of these...then dump 'em to youtube.

KBCraig

Excellent work, Dave!

I have to admit, I was expecting the narrative to include a request for a verbatim transcript...  ;D