• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

A protest at the provinical legislature on Friday, in which Zackie Achmat and 43 other members of the Treatment Action Campaign were arrested for trespassing, was merely the start of a civil disobedience campaign to obtain, among other things, the axing of the national minister of health.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=14&click_id=125&art_id=vn20060821012516197C707129

FrankChodorov

I was in Vancouver this summer when a CD protestor jumped up on top of the logging equipment that was building the road up to the olympic village that Betty is protesting.

the police just waited til the guy got tired of ranting and then arrested him...

k0balt

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 11, 2005, 08:21 PM NHFT
A cadre of liberty ladies going to a nursing home and, in defiance of the law, shampooing the old ladies hair for them.

So, I was interested in this NH free speech thing. I'm 21. Then I read you want to do this. Please don't, i'm sure your "ladies" will have no idea how delicate an elderly persons skin and hair is. thats why we need licensed people who are t r a i n e d professionals.
please don't get that confused with a law u wish to destroy.

the alcohol thing, thats federal, and i really can't think of a better way to express your liberty!! omg wait! what about strapping a bomb to your chest, either way, people from outside your clique are going to lable you idiots for drawing attention via drugs & minors. perhaps u wana just expose your pot plants & scream the bible said consume herbs!!

i will say, your actions are wrong, but what you are trying to achieve is right. i sure as hell won't go to iraq if i cant buy whiskey first.

edit:  go to the high schools, find all the 'to-be' marines 18-20.  let a police officer find a GROUP of them being drunk in public (you're dumb if the cop finds any bottles or suppliers)  get the shit on youtube. label it "how to have fun in iraq" and maybe throw some other tag words in.
sorry for the rant post..i'm a nurse and the unlicensed elderly care set me off  :o

KBCraig

Quote from: k0balt on December 31, 2006, 11:23 PM NHFT
i'm a nurse and the unlicensed elderly care set me off  :o

So, how many CE credits do you have in shampooing? How many nursing school clinical hours were devoted to hair care of the elderly?

Answer: zip. Any "training" consists of what you just said: "They have delicate skin. Be gentle and careful."

Not to mention that nurses rarely do that type of patient care; CNAs handle such things. LVNs are a vanishing breed, and RNs are spread very thin, overseeing more patients, with CNAs handling almost everything that doesn't require a medical judgement.

So forgive my skepticism of your "defense" of licensing.

But other than that, welcome to the forum.

Kevin

k0balt

:)

since you're awake and i'm still curious, can you point me to the forums that show what kinda law reform, any members in the local government seats?? i saw some flag burning site and was scared

Kat Kanning

Sounds to me like you're in the wrong place.

Pat McCotter

Welcome k0balt. Don't worry about the flag burn. The folks doing that are not aggressors.

As far as law reform, government types, your best bet would probably be New Hampshire Politics. There is not much activity there right now but it will start picking up after Wednesday when the legislature starts its new session.

Another place you might try is the NH Liberty Alliance.

Again, welcome.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: k0balt on January 01, 2007, 02:59 AM NHFT
i saw some flag burning site and was scared
be afraid ... be very afraid
Life as you know it will no longer exist.

Kat Kanning

Welcome?  We don't need people like that coming to NH. 

Russell Kanning

Quote from: k0balt on December 31, 2006, 11:23 PM NHFTPlease don't, i'm sure your "ladies" will have no idea how delicate an elderly persons skin and hair is.
I am sure they would.

AlanM

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 01, 2007, 07:26 AM NHFT
Quote from: k0balt on December 31, 2006, 11:23 PM NHFTPlease don't, i'm sure your "ladies" will have no idea how delicate an elderly persons skin and hair is.
I am sure they would.

Yeh, before there were Laws about it, little old ladies suffered tremendously from caring relatives washing their hair.

Kat Kanning

None of us who haven't the piece of paper giving us permission from the government - we don't have mothers or grandmothers or great grandmothers, we've never had infants to care for.  Sheesh.

AlanM

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 01, 2007, 07:34 AM NHFT
None of us who haven't the piece of paper giving us permission from the government - we don't have mothers or grandmothers or great grandmothers, we've never had infants to care for.  Sheesh.

Without that piece of paper we are obviously evil and destructive, or worse, ignorant!  ::)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 01, 2007, 07:26 AM NHFT
I am sure they would.

They use me for testing

Braddogg

::shrug::  With two half-days of training at a summer camp, training given by someone who was unlicensed herself, I was giving old men with cerebal palsy showers, changing their diapers, putting on their condom catheters (on them :P ), and even SHAVING them.  And that was the first day.  K0balt, licensing is, for the most part, a racket that keeps the costs of care very high by artificially decreasing supply; I know of what I speak.

As for flag burning, what is wrong with flag burning?  Surely the act itself can't be evil: the VFW posts do it (it is how to properly dispose of a flag).  The people who did the flag burning would never aggress against you.  They're too busy planning the revolution  :P

And what was that about alcohol?  I had a cutesy reply set up to it, but then I reread what you actually said, and it was pretty abusive.  If you want to disagree with us, fine, you're no different than 99% of the rest of the country.  But if you're going to come and TELL us you disagree with us, then please, keep it civil.  What you wrote does not deserve the civility I'm using.