• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Hey what if anything are we going to do on the 10th or 11th if and when Mike is in jail?     A vigil at the jail?  A sign wave?   What jail will he be at?  what times are best for a support protest of this kind?  what signs should we make?   

GT

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 02, 2005, 05:05 PM NHFT
Quote from: mvpel on May 02, 2005, 04:28 PM NHFT
This connection should also be set forth in a press packet or flyer.

I cannot find much info about Rhona Charbonneau or her business or history.? Does anyone have a link?

Try searching for Continental Academie
http://www.ci.hudson.nh.us/Selectmen/Minutes/m020122.html
http://continentalacademie.net/

Selectman Charbonneau said the Town is fortunate that they?ve been able to get the Department of Corrections to fix up the building, including fixing the cracks in the floor. They will put a lot of wax on the floor so it will stand up for six months, with regular mopping. The bathroom fixtures have to be replaced, and that will be done compliments of her business, Continental Academie.

Kat Kanning

Mike, if it's pretty sure you'll be arrested, it would make sense for you to get a ride to Concord on Monday.  Maybe someone on the coast could pick you up?  I will pick you up if no one else is available, assuming that's what you want to do.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on May 02, 2005, 05:40 PM NHFT
Mike, if it's pretty sure you'll be arrested, it would make sense for you to get a ride to Concord on Monday.? Maybe someone on the coast could pick you up?? I will pick you up if no one else is available, assuming that's what you want to do.

I'll ask my wife again if she's willing to drive me to the event.  Last time she said no.  I don't think she wants anyone's attention directed at her because she works in this industry, but I'll ask again.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 02, 2005, 04:13 PM NHFT
Ian, this afternoon my wife and I listened to your earlier FTL show about the "outlaw manicurist".   ;D

That was really nice of you guys.  Thank you!  You guys are great!

Thanks for listening.  Too bad we're not on in NH yet to help you promote this...

davemincin

Mike...expect I can pick you up.  Give me a call when time permits.

Russell Kanning

This is going to be good 8)

Kat Kanning

Quote from: davemincin on May 03, 2005, 08:15 AM NHFT
Mike...expect I can pick you up.  Give me a call when time permits.

You're super, Dave :)

Man, do we have to have permits for TIME now???

Michael Fisher

This event will be covered in a 500 to 600-word article in the Exeter Newsletter this Friday and again in a follow-up article next Friday!  :o  A reporter interviewed me this morning by phone.  She really likes the idea and the principle behind this civil disobedience!!!

Thanks for the ride, Dave!  I look forward to it!  :)

Russell Kanning

That is great to hear....we seem to get much more accurate coverage when the reporter is not against our cause.....I hope she isn't losing her unbiased media label to support a good cause. :D
This should be simple enough for anyone to grasp....why should the government be licensing activities like this one?

Russell Kanning

Is it illegal to transport an outlaw such as Mike? He is a dangerous criminal...be careful....Dave could be some sort of accessory...or whatever the term is 8)

FTL_Ian

"I have nail polish and I'm not afraid to use it!  Get back, coppers!"   :o :o

Michael Fisher

The Editor of the Exeter Newsletter called.? There will be a photo-op at my home tomorrow at 1pm because they probably can't make it to the actual event next Monday.? ?They want a picture of me giving someone a manicure, or at least pretending to.  :)

tracysaboe

HAve them pay you for it. (even if it's 2 cents.) Then you'll have already broken the law, by the time of the demonstration.

Tracy

FTL_Ian

You'd then also likely be violating zoning laws by operating a home based business without permission.