• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

All this threatening of Mike and some people think we live in a free country ::) ....this is working to perfection to show how insane the STATE has gotten.

Dave Ridley

I've e-mailed the May 4 version of the press release to NHPR, NH public TV, Union Leader, Keene Sentinel, Nashua Telegraph.

I still need to email Taxpayer Radio.? I called free talk live and talke about it again yesterday, telling them about the hearing tomorrow and Mikes plan to get a Gandhi quote for a tatoo!   They are very excited about it.

I told the Union Leader about the hearing but no one else.

Russell Kanning

How could you get a tatoo illegally? hmmmm

Kat Kanning

Will you get "Low Impulse Control" on your forehead?

FTL_Ian

More lavish coverage on FTL last night:  http://freetalklive.com/files/FTL050405B.mp3

One question we came up with is does the receiver of the manicure risk arrest as well for "receiving an unlicenced manicure"?

Dave Ridley

Mike Fisher the Outlaw Manicurist has a hearing in court in Concord this day, don't know when.  The AG is trying to stop his protest.  Anyone else know?

I think it is the Merrimack District court or county court.

Kat Kanning

I wondered about that, too.

SethCohn

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 05, 2005, 08:33 AM NHFT
More lavish coverage on FTL last night:  http://freetalklive.com/files/FTL050405B.mp3

One question we came up with is does the receiver of the manicure risk arrest as well for "receiving an unlicenced manicure"?

No... it's the doer in this case only... it's not like the John/Hooker issue where getting it also a crime.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 05, 2005, 08:33 AM NHFT
More lavish coverage on FTL last night:? http://freetalklive.com/files/FTL050405B.mp3

Thanks, guys!  That's some serious coverage!!!  Hopefully the general media will react in the same way as you have, by discussing the issue in detail.  It would be beyond my wildest dreams if this were to happen on a large scale because of our action!

Michael Fisher

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 05, 2005, 07:38 AM NHFT
I've e-mailed the May 4 version of the press release to NHPR, NH public TV, Union Leader, Keene Sentinel, Nashua Telegraph.

I still need to email Taxpayer Radio.? I called free talk live and talke about it again yesterday, telling them about the hearing tomorrow and Mikes plan to get a Gandhi quote for a tatoo!? ?They are very excited about it.

I told the Union Leader about the hearing but no one else.

Thanks, Dave!  You're a great activist!

Yep, I'm getting a Gandhi quote as a tattoo on my shoulder today or tomorrow.  I was thinking about getting one anyways, but a large coincidence happened on Sunday which led to this decision.

With the NBA (Newmarket Business Association), I worked on a committee of 3 or 4 people to organize Newmarket's first Community Dinner Dance which took place on Sunday.  We raised $2,000 for the NBA, Dot Shorey Scholarship Fund, a local scholarship fund, and Club Chameleon, a local nonprofit organization for the town's children.  I had the job of mailing out 4,300 postcards and doing fundraising phone calls to local businesses.  The event, on May 1, was a success!

One local business, Integrity Tattoo, donated a $100 gift certificate for a tattoo to the event, and I won it!  What a weird coincidence!

I'm going to get this Gandhi quote tattooed on my shoulder:

The quest of truth involves self-suffering, sometimes even unto death.

Michael Fisher

Ann Larney, the head of the Civil Bureau at the Attorney General's office just called and we had a lengthy conversation.? Apparently, in my opinion, the government is catching on to my plan and is attempting to appear more humane than it really is by trying to back out of their injunction against me.

She informed me about the law and the injunction and asked if I would reconsider my action in light of the possible consequences.? I initially said that "I will probably not reconsider my action."? She said this is a relatively good reply so the state may back out of its injunction against me.? "We try not to use the full power of the state unless necessary," she said.? Then she asked the same question again, and I replied "In all honesty, I will not reconsider my action.? I have no choice because this is the only way left for me to fight against these laws."

Then she tried to talk me out of it by mentioning all of the legal methods of change, and I talked about each possible method and explained that I have already tried all of the other methods and they have all failed to make a difference, so this is the only option left.? She asked again if I would reconsider the action and I refused.? She continued to ask the same question, over and over again, in different ways, probably in order to have a reason to cancel the injunction.

She said the state may withdraw its injunction and see what happens on Monday, and if I were to go through with it, they would seek an injunction against me afterward.? I was confused.? I asked why she would do this, because an after-the-fact injunction would have no effect, and she asked, "is this the only time you're going to do this?"? "No," I replied.? "Then," she says, "we would obtain a more broad injunction that would encompass any similar type of action."

It seems they're beginning to catch on, but as she admitted, the state cannot allow me to break the law without misdemeanor consequences because that would be selective enforcement of the law, which would be unfair to those who abide by the law.? I'm going to the hearing tomorrow anyways, unless they call to say the injunction has been cancelled.? Is anyone willing to go with me?

Statehater

I'm new here, and don't know about this. What heinous crime against the State has he been accused of?

Kat Kanning

On Monday, Mike will be giving manicures for profit without a license.

Kat Kanning

Yes, I can, if you need moral support. :)

Kat Kanning

The date/time/locale is:

May 06, 2005 at 9:00 AM. in Concord:
Merrimack County Superior Court
163 N. Main Street P. O. Box 2880
Concord, NH 03301 2880
603 225-5501

...assuming they don't cancel this, which may happen.