• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Take Dog for a walk in Gorham, where dogs are prohibited at all times from all areas of the town common.

Kevin

Russell Kanning

I heard Shorty was against National ID's and phone call monitoring.

Michael Fisher

Ken had a better idea today for the alcohol sales idea.

Idea:

-Publicly sell hard liquor to adults over 21.  Violation of New Hampshire law.

Risk:  High

New Hampshire runs a statewide monopoly on liquor sales in order to raise millions of dollars in funds for the state.  We can challenge this law and defeat it.  We may wish to obtain a license to sell alcohol because we are not challenging that particular law, we are directly challenging New Hampshire's monopoly on the retail sales of hard liquor.

I personally think this is a MUCH better idea to start with than selling alcohol to adults 18-20 years old.  We can do that one a little later and we'll receive a lot of support from college students.

Dave Ridley

I way favor doing the shampoo thing first, and the letter thing later when we have more troops.  I would do civil disobedience of the shampoo type probably but would not do the more serious mail "crime" at present.   I suspect you'll get more participants on the shampoo since the risk is smaller.

Also shampoo is more visual.

Michael Fisher

Dada, that's GREAT!? That makes two of us for the civil resistance against licensing!

I have some MORE great news too.

At the Seacoast Porcupines meeting today, I announced these civil disobedience ideas and talked about how the licensing idea is the first one we're going to do.? Everyone was VERY, VERY supportive of the idea!? They were even EXCITED about it!!!? Many people said they'd help us out by bringing more people, contacting the media, and more.

Now I need to gather the contact information of everyone who wants to be involved with this civil resistance or help out in any way.

Please send your contact info to me at: MikeF@LSFund.org

This is going to be great!

Michael Fisher

This IS happening!

Saturday, May 7, 2005, at noon at the NH Board of Cosmetology at 2 Industrial Park Drive, Concord, NH  03301

The Board of Cosmetology's hours are 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday.  Should we do this during their business hours instead, or would it be harder to find people that will show up for it?

KBCraig

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on April 17, 2005, 12:00 AM NHFT
This IS happening!

Saturday, May 7, 2005, at noon at the NH Board of Cosmetology at 2 Industrial Park Drive, Concord, NH  03301

The Board of Cosmetology's hours are 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday.  Should we do this during their business hours instead, or would it be harder to find people that will show up for it?

Great project, and a great location!

I think it absolutely has to be during their hours of business.  Otherwise, there's no conflict, thus no reason for the press to show up. An underground project really doesn't count for much if only FSPers show up, take pics of themselves, and post them on FSP sites. There has to be some engagement of the opposite side, preferably with manjor news coverage.

$0.02,

Kevin

Russell Kanning

I wish it could be during "business" hours, but we get so many more participants on Saturdays.
If you lock in this event now.....you can let people start planning.

So what are you going to do at the event?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on April 16, 2005, 05:04 PM NHFT
-Publicly sell hard liquor to adults over 21.? Violation of New Hampshire law.

New Hampshire runs a statewide monopoly on liquor sales in order to raise millions of dollars in funds for the state.? We can challenge this law and defeat it.? We may wish to obtain a license to sell alcohol because we are not challenging that particular law, we are directly challenging New Hampshire's monopoly on the retail sales of hard liquor.

I personally think this is a MUCH better idea to start with than selling alcohol to adults 18-20 years old.? We can do that one a little later and we'll receive a lot of support from college students.
I also like this idea. Why would we want a license to sell alcohol? Why not go against the whole system?

Russell Kanning

As soon as you decide on the day and time you can link it to the calendar for all to see.

AlanM

Quote from: russellkanning on April 16, 2005, 04:12 PM NHFT
I heard Shorty was against National ID's and phone call monitoring.

Shorty never even bothered to get a driver's license.  ;)

AlanM

Quote from: wholetthedogin? on April 16, 2005, 06:45 AM NHFT
Deliver the letter an "IRS extension" for Shorty Dawkins (RIP) while streaking to the local P.O. for contributions to the get out of jail fund.

Shorty had an extension "ladder" out behind his house. Don't think it was an IRS brand though.  ;D

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on April 17, 2005, 05:35 AM NHFT
I wish it could be during "business" hours, but we get so many more participants on Saturdays.
If you lock in this event now.....you can let people start planning.

Okay, okay... how about the following Monday?

Monday, May 9, 2005, at noon at the NH Board of Cosmetology at 2 Industrial Park Drive, Concord, NH? 03301

We may get less people, but we NEED the Board of Cosmetology to be there, we need to be arrested for this to work, and the press should definitely be there on a Monday as opposed to a Saturday.

If they try to ignore us and we are not arrested on Monday, then I'll come back every single day until they do arrest me.

Quote from: russellkanning on April 17, 2005, 05:35 AM NHFT
So what are you going to do at the event?

My wife is going to try to teach me how to do manicures within the next three weeks.? Massages and haircuts are easy.? Ken said he'd let me cut his hair.? All I have to do is use a shaver for him because he has really short hair.? I'll need a battery-powered grooming shaver or a portable battery for our current grooming shaver.? My wife was a dog groomer and already has all the necessary equipment for this, but I'll check to make sure it's "safe" for use on humans, even though I use it all the time on my face.? Anyone can get a massage - I'll go easy on them.? ?;D  I can also wash and shampoo hair because that's the most ridiculous law and it's really easy to do.

We have to charge for these services, otherwise it's not illegal.

And above all we have to take ALL necessary safety precautions.

Russell Kanning

If I am not busy that day....maybe I can be a paying customer. :)

Maybe someone will have to file a complaint with the NH Board of Cosmotology about what is going on outside. ;)

Russell Kanning

Will you except FRN$ ? .... or do we pay in silver? ;D