• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 18, 2005, 12:39 AM NHFT
Despite what Mr. Cohn has to say, I think you guys are doing an awesome job.  The political players in NH are doing virtually nothing (that I'm aware of) to promote Liberty in NH.  You guys are.

I think the generalcourt.org website that Karl put up, and the bill reading have been very useful.  I would have had a hard time keeping track of bills without the general court site.  And I think Dawn Lincoln has been like some sort of political dynamo with her homeschool bill, and getting elected.

Thanks for the appreciation, though, Ian :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on April 17, 2005, 09:24 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 17, 2005, 08:49 PM NHFT
Hey!? Whats this crap?? I thought Russell was in a hurry to get arrested, Too! :D
I think this idea really isn't his thing.? ?;D
After this one works out well, the next ones will be more extreme and hopefully he'll like those ideas better and want to join in!

Mike knows me so well.....it is because we think so alike :)
I can see going to jail to say......stop Myrtle from being kicked out of her home. I wouldn't make a good manicurist anyways. :-\
But I would like to help you with this one also. :) BTW I forget.....exactly how is your wife effected by these silly NH rules as of now? That might add a personal touch to the situation...not just theoretical. :)

GT

Despite what Mr. Cohn has to say, I think you guys are doing an awesome job.? The political players in NH are doing virtually nothing (that I'm aware of) to promote Liberty in NH.? You guys are.

We're watching...? this is exciting!
Ian

I'm going to disagree with "The political players in NH are doing virtually nothing" I've been listening to free talk live for a couple of weeks now. Several of the NH callers seem to think the same, that the FSP is making all of the difference here. I'm detecting an undercurrent that if it were not for the FSP there would be no hope for us poor liberty deprived residents ofthe granite state.

There are people who have been working on the liberty side for a long time. I don't think the attitude that now that the FSP is here you are going to fix everything that NH broke is going to help out your cause a whole lot.

Kat Kanning

I think Ian was talking about the political players that moved with the FSP.  One of the reasons the FSP picked NH was because the political players here have been doing such a good job maintaining freedom.

Russell Kanning

Hey we like to toot our own horn :-[

GT

Quote from: katdillon on April 18, 2005, 06:28 AM NHFT
I think Ian was talking about the political players that moved with the FSP.? One of the reasons the FSP picked NH was because the political players here have been doing such a good job maintaining freedom.

I guess I missunderstood.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on April 18, 2005, 06:01 AM NHFT
Mike knows me so well.....it is because we think so alike :)
I can see going to jail to say......stop Myrtle from being kicked out of her home. I wouldn't make a good manicurist anyways. :-\
But I would like to help you with this one also. :) BTW I forget.....exactly how is your wife effected by these silly NH rules as of now? That might add a personal touch to the situation...not just theoretical. :)

I think the story of what happened to my wife is only a small example of how most people are treated, and that's what I'm going on.

However, there is also the issue of renewing her license now because it has been a year.   ::)  Of course they want more money for that.  The Board also carries out regular inspections at workplaces to make sure people are doing what they're supposed to do.  This is tolerated because nobody knows how to fight against it, and it benefits the big companies at the expense of the individual entrepreneurs.

Now the Board of Cosmetology is regulating all tanning beds.  I have 3 customers that this affects.  They've banned all people under 18 from tanning without an adult's permission, and all under 14 are totally banned from tanning without a doctor's excuse.

Once again, they trample all over the concept of personal responsibility for children.  No wonder children grow up with no concept of it.   :(

It's time to fight back.  Let's give it everything we've got!

Regarding the issue of a Saturday or a Monday, I do not know if we can get enough people for a Monday.  If we contact spas in Concord about this and tell them it is their option to file a complaint in advance to prevent us from getting away with this, then perhaps the reaction will be more severe.  Also, the more effective we are in dealing with the media, the better off we'll be in every way.

I'm going to try to contact the person who wrote the Boston Globe story that I was mentioned in.  Anyone have contacts at the Union Leader?  I may have a contact at Foster's as well.

FTL_Ian

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.  I know the political groups are doing things, websites are good, and opposing bad legislation is good too, but I meant the Underground's activities are VISIBLE to the general public and the media.  That's really important. 

I don't think I suggested that the FSP is responsible.  I know many Underground members are original NH residents.  That said, without the FSP, there would be no Underground.

Seriously, when was the last time the NHLP did some civil disobedience?

SethCohn

The political players in NH are doing virtually nothing visible (that I'm aware of) to promote Liberty in NH.

Just because it's not visible (by design in many cases) don't think it's not happening.  Others already listed some visible bits, and there are more I could list, like HB406, Red Light camera bill massively losing, and others.  The NHLA Report card will be out this week... and will likely get lots of press.

I'll repeat what I told you on FTL, Ian: premature publicity is dangerous, if only because it wakes resistance.
Bad PR (such as Grafton's FreeTown mess) is the problem.... I'm all for good PR (Hampton) and completely against potentially bad PR... Where we tend to argue is what is bad PR.

Russell Kanning

I guess some of us are going to have to crank up the civil disobedience to make up for the small amount of people who are signing up for the FSP. ;D

I don't know about you guys, but I am encouraged whenever I see someone sign up for the FSP even if it is only 8-15 per week. :)

FTL_Ian

All publicity is good publicity!   ;D

Michael Fisher

Quote from: president on April 18, 2005, 11:41 AM NHFT
Some people won't agree with you.....so what?
When you try to hide things because you think they will cause "bad PR"....you start to look like a slimey mother fucker.

This is one reason why I despise politics.  If change is not happening very openly, then when it is exposed, the public may greatly resent it.  Secret schemes ARE slimy.  Most politics nowadays is the practice of secretly scheming in order to reach a noble goal.  In other words, the end justifies the means.  Machiavellianism is the basis of all government.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on April 18, 2005, 06:01 AM NHFT
BTW I forget.....exactly how is your wife effected by these silly NH rules as of now? That might add a personal touch to the situation...not just theoretical. :)

I told you her story, but let's keep that to ourselves.? I do not want her name or history with the Board of Cosmetology mentioned in the press.? She is currently employed in this field and that is far too big of a risk to take.

Besides, my quarrel is with no individual or group of people, not even those running the Board of Cosmetology.  They are not my enemies - they are only human beings trying to make a living that are employed in a position that I disagree with.

I am only fighting against the law, and will treat all police, bureaucrats, and politicians the way I would like to be treated.

SethCohn

Quote from: president on April 18, 2005, 11:29 AM NHFT
Who are the Anti-FSP forces?

Gee... You'd know better than me... after all, you're one of them.  And don't bother replying and protesting about how you aren't.  You've done more postings and websites against the FSP than anyone else I can name.  Nice to know you continue to visit the FSP forums too... not that we really thought you'd gone away.  Anyone who questions what BAD PR can do, just watch Mr. "Grafton Fisher" and imagine having a few dozen people like him around.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: DadaOrwell on April 17, 2005, 09:31 PM NHFT
I tend to favor doing it on a saturday for turnout purposes, but I could be wrong.

Oh another advantage is they would have trouble getting ahold of bureaucrats to speak up for the other side of the story.

If we could get decent numbers it realliy would be cool in biz hours tho....

We've gotta make up our mind right now.  No time left to waste!