• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cathleeninnh

Still don't know our work schedule. I would love to be there. Mondays are usually better than Saturdays.

Cathleen

SethCohn

Quote from: president on April 18, 2005, 01:08 PM NHFT
He seem to be the only one that calls me "Grafton Fisher" on a regular basis.

http://www.savenewhampshire.org  which is your listed website, fool.  You call yourself 'Grafton Fisher'.

Dave Ridley

<<I don't think the attitude that now that the FSP is here you are going to fix everything that NH broke is going to help out your cause a whole lot.>>

agreed.  Virtually all the things that are good about New Hampshire were good before any of us got here.  good idea to stay humble and mostly be reinforcements for the folks who have done a good job keeping NH in better shape than the rest of the nation.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 18, 2005, 09:40 AM NHFT

Seriously, when was the last time the NHLP did some civil disobedience?

Not their job.

Dave Ridley

Has it been determined precisely what you will be doing in front of the bureaucrat building?   Giving shampoos?   Could use some more who what where when why how  once you have it so I can put together some Letters to the Editor announcing the protest.

AllanHampton

?I am only fighting against the law?

Yes, so am I, but more specifically not just any law. It is illegal and unconstitutional ?legislation? that I am fighting in the name of freedom from such legislation.

In America, the Republic, Americans have the Supreme Law (Constitution) of the land on their side. The hold back is Americans are obligated to enforce that Supreme Law and they are not doing that.

In constitutional America the only citizens? protest with force behind it against freedom robbing legislation is the proper use of the ballot box for the election of public Officials. Citizens cannot enact or repeal federal legislation; only Congress critters can do that. As long as citizens continue to ?reelect? known criminals to public offices, particularly to the House of Congress every two years, America will have a criminal freedom nullifying government. Known criminals are those in public office that have dishonored their Oath of Office, quit reelecting them.

Allan

Michael Fisher

I don't think we'll be arrested unless this is done on Monday. ?We need to do what we can to guarantee an immediate reaction. ?I'll do everything in my power to bring as many people as I can to the event but I really need help with publicity otherwise the media will not pay attention to our arrests.

It's probably a good idea to announce it as a civil disobedience. ?We are fighting against these laws because they have destroyed our freedom to make a living without government approval.

Please feel free to bring your friends, family, anti-licensing signs, cameras, and a positive attitude! ?:)

When: ?Monday, May 9, at 12:00pm (noon).? We will preferably begin services when the police arrive.

Where: ?NH Board of Cosmetology. ?2 Industrial Park Drive, Concord, NH ?03301

What: ?Haircuts, massages, and manicures. ?Shampoos if possible, but we will need a source of warm water and a way to drain used water.? We will be accepting cash payment, with tips, for these services.? Free services do not violate the law.

Directions to the Board of Cosmetology:

FROM THE SEACOAST

VIA RTE 4,9,202

AFTER THE WEATHERVANE RESTAURANT, THE ROAD SPLITS- RTE 4 IS TO THE RIGHT WITH 393, RTE 9 IS STRAIGHT AHEAD. ?STAY STRAIGHT ON ROUTE 9 OVERHEAD SIGN SAYS CONCORD BUSINESS DISTRICT, CONCORD HEIGHTS

AT LIGHTS, TAKE A LEFT ONTO RTE 106 SOUTH. ?AT THE 3RD SET OF LIGHTS TAKE A RIGHT ONTO PEMBROKE RD. ?TAKE THE SECOND LEFT DOWN BETWEEN TWO LONG INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS. ?WE ARE THREE QUARTERS OF THE WAY DOWN ON THE RIGHT.
THERE IS A SIGN NEXT TO OUR DOOR.

OR

RTE 101 WEST TO MANCHESTER TO 93 NORTH
or 89 SOUTH to 93 NORTH

FROM 93 NORTH OR SOUTH
TAKE EXIT 15E THAT PUTS YOU ONTO 393E GO TO EXIT 3. AT THE END OF THE RAMP BEAR TO THE RIGHT. ?THAT PUTS YOU ONTO RTE 106S GO TO THE 4TH SET OF LIGHTS AND TAKE A RIGHT ONTO PEMBROKE RD. ?TAKE THE SECOND LEFT DOWN BETWEEN TWO LONG INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS. ?WE ARE THREE QUARTERS OF THE WAY DOWN ON THE RIGHT.

Lloyd Danforth

Allan, you're, pretty much preaching to the choir here, about, re-electing scum. ?Realistically this is no longer, Constitutional America, and, even if we increase the number of people who realize it by a factor of 10, it would make little difference at the voting booth.
Many of the ?'theatrical events' showing the absurdity of most of what the government does, could, get more voters on our side.

Trying to work within the confines of changing laws is OK for some, but, for many, is not enough.
Some of us will try to live our lives as if the government isn't there.

Lloyd

FTL_Ian

Better to start when the TV crews show up, that way they can get good footage of you performing the illegal acts, and then they can get the cops arresting you.

Michael Fisher

Idea:

-Unlicensed dog walk-a-thon.

Risk: ?unknown

Dog licensing is mandatory in New Hampshire from what I've seen, and each town's laws, fines, and fees are different. ?I'm not sure if each town has implemented their own law that all dogs must be licensed or if this is a statewide law.

This would ideally involve far more than only one or two people. ?The goal of the civil disobedience would be to show that the law requiring dog licensing is absurd, intrusive, and unnecessary. ?Responsible dog owners can vaccinate and take full responsibility for their pets without government regulations requiring them to do so.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 19, 2005, 09:27 AM NHFT
Better to start when the TV crews show up, that way they can get good footage of you performing the illegal acts, and then they can get the cops arresting you.

Good idea.

Also, I really need help to get a TV crew and other media there!  Pleeease someone help me out on this!

Kat Kanning

You could send the TV station and newspapers a press release about what you're going to do.  Dada's article helps:

http://www.soulawakenings.com/underground/tikiwiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=8

Michael Fisher

Okay, I've been telling a LOT of people about this.? Most people agree with the principle of it.? One person said they wish they had the courage to stand up to them.? I've been telling my customers, friends, business contacts, and everyone else I can think of.? It's amazing how well this is being received by non-libertarians.? One customer said this is going to open a lot of people's eyes.

Now I'm writing a letter to the NHLA's 2004 legislator of the year (Michael Harrington) because he spoke out against licensing laws at the NHLA dinner last year.

I'll try to put together a press release and preview it on here.? Dave, which papers are you going to write LTEs to?? I can do the others.? Or should we hit them twice?

FTL_Ian

Hit them twice, it doubles the chance you'll be published.

Kat Kanning

I had an idea:  hand out FIJA material outside courthouses.  It'd be pretty easy to get tossed in jail for it.  I have a bunch of printed brochures still, courtesy of Scott.