• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I can't believe they arrested our friend for filing nails. :o

AlanM

Free Mike Fisher![/size][/color]

Russell Kanning

I wonder if there is any news. :)

Kat Kanning

I will call the jail in a little while.  He was supposed to be arraigned at 11:00.

Kat Kanning

I called the courthouse.  They said the info hasn't been sent "up" yet and that court is still in session.  If someone else wants to try after lunch, call the Concord District Court (603) 271-6400.

jgmaynard

I went into Corner News today on Main St., in Keene, and talked with the owner who had read about Mike. His repsonse:

"This is outrageous! Pretty soon you will need a license to BREATHE in this country!"

I said:

"Well, that's part of the reason the Free State Project is coming here..."

His response:

"I know! I'm totally for it! I am with you guys!"

:D

Think this may be resonating with the many small business people here...... Allies, allies. Always more allies........ :D

JM

LiveFreeOrDie

Quote from: jgmaynard on May 10, 2005, 12:31 PM NHFT
Think this may be resonating with the many small business people here...... Allies, allies. Always more allies........ :D

I hope so!  Great to hear things like this, especially coming from small business owners.

jgmaynard

Two things that need to be done now for anyone who is interested (IMNSHO):

1) Like Jason said on the FSP forum, [lots of] LTE's supporting Mike

2) We talked once about running ads for the FSP in business magazines, especially in VT, Mass and Maine. This could be a focal point. Something like "Business forecast for NH: Bright, and getting brighter"

JM

Rocketman

Well, I was just inspired to order a copy of Gandhi.? Way to go Mike and everyone who supported him.? The media coverage was excellent!

I can't wait to hear Mike's story about what it's like to be incarcerated for buffing fingernails.

cathleeninnh

There is one more thing to do and it is the most important one. We need to pay Mike's fine for him. He took one for us and we owe him big time. As poor as we are, I am sending him a check today.

Mike Fisher
7 Lamprey River Park
Newmarket, NH 03857

It's the least we can do.

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

I am pretty sure he does not want us to pay any fines for him. Read "Civil Disobedience" and you will understand. He also didn't want to be bailed out or plead "not guilty".

Paying the fines is paying off the bully.

Russell Kanning

What if they fine him $1,000,000?

jgmaynard

They can't - it's a misdemeanor - $1000 max fine.

JM

Russell Kanning

They could add charges or make it more expensive next time. :-\
They want to inflict pain.