• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ethanpooley

What would be the steps necessary in NH to get rid of the cosmetology licensing laws? Do we have to get a politician of some sort to propose it?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: ethanpooley on May 13, 2005, 01:54 PM NHFT
What would be the steps necessary in NH to get rid of the cosmetology licensing laws? Do we have to get a politician of some sort to propose it?

Yes.  It will take a while.

davemincin

Roger that my friend. ?One of the things we are working on over at the NHLA, is developing friendly relationships with some of the legislators.

We will be looking at possible legislation this summer for the next term. ?One thing to keep in mind is winning! ?It's pretty difficult to just wipe regulations out, unfortunately. ?Think the best route is to try and widdle them away a little at a time.

If you or anyone else has any ideas for legislation please feel free to drop me a note, or any of the other folks over at the NHLA.

ethanpooley

Quote from: davemincin on May 13, 2005, 02:03 PM NHFT

Roger that my friend.  One of the things we are working on over at the NHLA, is developing friendly relationships with some of the legislators.

We will be looking at possible legislation this summer for the next term.  One thing to keep in mind is winning!  It's pretty difficult to just wipe regulations out, unfortunately.  Think the best route is to try and widdle them away a little at a time.

If you or anyone else has any ideas for legislation please feel free to drop me a note, or any of the other folks over at the NHLA.

I understand that it's a slow process. Is there anything that a non-resident can do to help? Unfortunately I'm not even a constituent of the people we need to reach. Maybe outsiders could help with documentation or research? I'm also just interested to know what stages there will be once it gets started. Will this eventually come to the people for a vote in some form? Or will it all be handled within the government itself?

Michael Fisher

Dada Orwell just called and said he'd be announcing the fast that I will be doing if my 30-day jail sentence is triggered by a minor violation.

I'm not going to stop anyone from announcing my intentions.  This is a public forum in any case.  Instead, I helped him understand my point of view so the announcement would be accurate.

Thanks, Dave!

mvpel

Can you appeal anything if you plead guilty?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: president on May 13, 2005, 03:54 PM NHFT
What kind of sentence did you expect?
Did you know the possible sentence before you commited the crime?

A drunk driver's first DUI offense is usually punished by a few hundred dollars in fines and 2 days in jail, not a 30-day suspended sentence triggered by their next ticket for a broken tail light. ? ::) ?Thus, drunk driving is a less serious offense than selling one manicure without a license.

Yes, I knew the possible sentence.

What RSA specifies the 30 day maximum sentence?
Class A misdemeanors can get up to 364 days in jail and a $2000 fine.

The reporter misquoted me. ?The 30 day suspended sentence was the maximum sentence requested by the Attorney General's prosecutors, not the maximum sentence possible.

Why would you plead guilty if you want to appeal the sentence?

The sentence is read AFTER your plea, so this question makes no sense. ?I had no idea the sentence would be so extreme - drunk driving, vandalism, assault, theft, and other misdemeanors do not get such a HUGE suspended sentence from a first offense according to my initial research. ?I apparently offended the government, and they took it personally. ?It IS a personal problem between the state and I (the system, not the people), so that would be an accurate assessment.

I considered appealing the sentence on Tuesday and told a reporter this initially, but decided against doing so.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: mvpel on May 13, 2005, 04:01 PM NHFT
Can you appeal anything if you plead guilty?

Not sure, but I'm not going to.

John

Mike,
Several times I have done a 3 day "juice fast" (once extending it to a 4th day on just water). ?I prepared each time by eating nothing but raw vegetables for 3 days, then 2 days on just raw fruit. ?After the fasts I went back to fruit for 1 or 2 days, then just vegetables for 2 or 3 days.

It became easier each time (hence that 4th day on just water). ?So it occurs to me that if you are going to fast, and if you have never done it before, you might want to try it out in the comfort of home 1st rather than trying it out in a prison cell.

davemincin

Hey please know up front, I am by no means an expert, just know the more I do the more I learn. ?Please understand that so much of what we are doing, at least as I see it, is winging it.

Hey don't sell yourself short, truth is we need all the help we can get, whether you are in NH or somewhere else. ?Not like freedom is winning, but do believe we have to make our stand, and know that I believe NH is the place me must do it.

Let's be real here, the bad guys have been at it for the last 150 years, and we are just beginning. ?People are creatures of habit, and we just can't lay our whole program on them at once, but we can begin like the opponents of freedom. ?Begin pecking away at those who oppose freedom. ?A little today a little tomorrow. ?Don't loose track of the big picture, but understand we can't get it all at once.

You betya you can help. ?We need folks to do the documentation and research. ?I have no problem running with it, but my talent doesn't lie in putting it together. ?We need folks like yourself putting it together so we can run with it.

At least my understanding is most of the regulatory stuff needs to be dealt with legislatively.
Truth is it is a hard nut to crack, but if we have the research, and can show how stupid some of this regularory crap is we have fighting chance. ?Keep in mind we have a bunch of breaucrats who' self interest is keeping things as they are.

Again no expert, but think much of what we are trying to do will be dealt with legislatively, only the really big stuff goes to the people.

Hey just trying as I can, if you are up for helping know we can use your help. ?Feel free to drop me a note re you thoughts or ideas, and thank much for you interest.

Hey know, my thought is we can only bring freedom back if we all do what we can!

davemincin

Oops!  My note was to ethanpooley :)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: John on May 13, 2005, 04:12 PM NHFT
Mike,
Several times I have done a 3 day "juice fast" (once extending it to a 4th day on just water). ?I prepared each time by eating nothing but raw vegetables for 3 days, then 2 days on just raw fruit. ?After the fasts I went back to fruit for 1 or 2 days, then just vegetables for 2 or 3 days.

It became easier each time (hence that 4th day on just water). ?So it occurs to me that if you are going to fast, and if you have never done it before, you might want to try it out in the comfort of home 1st rather than trying it out in a prison cell.

I've fasted for about two days before, but that's it.  Perhaps I should try out a fast sometime soon for self-purification.

John

To me, you seem pretty pure already.   :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: ethanpooley on May 13, 2005, 03:24 PM NHFTIs there anything that a non-resident can do to help?

When something exciting happens in NH you can spread the word on the web and in the old media. Dada can help you get started.

Michael Fisher

I really wish we could find a list of normal punishments for first-time misdemeanor offenses so we could make a comparison.  You'd think the state would want people to know what their punishments could be, but NO!