• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Civil Disobedience

Started by Michael Fisher, April 11, 2005, 12:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Ok how about the idea of a person announcing they will show up at a tax office somewhere that collects property taxes from NH residents...and start *unplugging* PC's instead of salt watering them? 

Dave Ridley

I went on the Gardner Goldsmith show today in manchester , where they were griping about the bike helmet law for kids. suggested civil disobedience event on this.

I think maybe one plus for a civil disobedience event is if it is against a recently passed law.

Maybe it could be done the day the law goes into effect?   Gard thought the best thing would be to have 50 kids riding without helmets, but even one might do the trick.

The beauty of this civil disobedience stuff is that it does only take one person. Turnout is not a huge issue like it is with lawful protests.

FTL_Ian

50 kids riding bikes with no helmets means the odds are higher one will take a spill, then the helmet proponents will say "See!  See!"

Russell Kanning

Well you never know......it is freedom baby 8)

Rocketman

QuoteHey... I remember you.  Did you visit here from Kentucky and stay with Dave?  If so, then we went out for a drink at the Lamprey Tavern the day before you went back home!  Remember me? 

Mike, I remember you quite well from my visit in December.  Great job with the protest!  I'll be back in NH soon (PorcFest for sure, sooner if I can afford it).  Keep up the good work.

Michael Fisher

Organize the event so the parent asks the child to wear their helmet and the child REFUSES, then rides around without a helmet, thus asserting her freedom from this law.

What would they do?  Arrest the parent?  The child?  LOL

The state would look idiotic either way.

Michael Fisher

Idea for those who live in states where most fireworks are banned:

-Publicly organize an event to celebrate assert your freedom on the 4th of July with illegal fireworks.

Pick the safe ones, pick a safe place, and take all safety precautions just in case.? ;)? This would be wildly successful in a state like Vermont where even sparklers are banned.? The effect of this event would be enormous!? ?:o

What are they going to do?  Jail you for lighting sparklers?  Actually, yes, they will.  That's the whole point!  It reveals the inherent stupidity of the system!

FTL_Ian

Are there any areas in NH where fireworks are banned? 

Pat K

AH the 4th of July were we mix alcohol and gunpowder, is there anymore fitting way?

Also it is the day we celebrate our forefathers breaking English law by breaking our own.

I try not to get arrested while doing so. Sorry about that.

FTL_Ian

I notice many of you have fallen into the same trap as many of the rest of America:

Quote from: Pat K on May 21, 2005, 10:21 PM NHFT
AH the 4th of July

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 21, 2005, 08:26 PM NHFT
on the 4th of July

When all the politicians call it the "fourth of july", the news media reports on it that way, and Americans follow.

It's Independence Day, not the "fourth of July".  We'll be discussing this again on FTL this year.

Pat K

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 21, 2005, 11:45 PM NHFT
I notice many of you have fallen into the same trap as many of the rest of America:

Quote from: Pat K on May 21, 2005, 10:21 PM NHFT
AH the 4th of July

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 21, 2005, 08:26 PM NHFT
on the 4th of July

When all the politicians call it the "fourth of july", the news media reports on it that way, and Americans follow.

It's Independence Day, not the "fourth of July".? We'll be discussing this again on FTL this year.

Good point!!!

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on May 22, 2005, 04:07 AM NHFT
Mike, is this one of the guys you were in jail with?

http://www.libertyforum.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=news_culture&Number=293638994&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1day&Main=293638994#Post293638994

There was one guy in there for stealing $4 worth of beer, but his name was Joshua, not Jason.

They move people out of the "Tank" after a few days and into a "Day Room", which is much easier to live in.  This guy named Jason was probably already in a day room when I arrived.

JonM

Michael Fisher