• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I'll be leaving VA just in time!

Started by Bald Eagle, June 27, 2007, 01:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

lowen

Did I read that right? The Albo guy snuck it in so his law firm would make more money?!?

Quotethe law forbids judges from reducing or suspending it in any way

Figures.

Fortunately, it doesn't apply to out-of-state drivers, but if I lived in VA there is no WAY they'd see a penny from me.

KBCraig

Quote"The purpose of the civil remedial fees imposed in this section is to generate revenue," the new law states

More revenue for Albo, that is.  >:(

Texas also has this "driver responsibility program", where if you hit a certain number of points, they send you a big bill, completely separate from the traffic fine. If you don't pay it, they suspend your license.

41mag

Quote from: lowen on June 27, 2007, 02:09 AM NHFT

Fortunately, it doesn't apply to out-of-state drivers, but if I lived in VA there is no WAY they'd see a penny from me.
As the article mentioned, Michigan has already passed a similiar law.  Get out of there quick!   ;D

lowen

Quote from: 41mag on June 27, 2007, 12:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: lowen on June 27, 2007, 02:09 AM NHFT

As the article mentioned, Michigan has already passed a similiar law.  Get out of there quick!   ;D

I noticed that too.

error

Bald Eagle

Done.
Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it.

I think you just volunteered to help unpack them all and carry them up the stairs and into ... oh yes, the gun safe.  Thanks, dude.  And the ammo.  Guns are just big funny looking sticks without ammo. 

I'd start the weight training and stretching exercises now...

mvpel

$3500 for a speeding ticket seems like an "unusual" punishment.

error

I'll help you move the guns, but I don't have the heavy equipment that'll be required to move a gun safe THAT big. ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: mvpel on June 27, 2007, 09:29 PM NHFT

and cruel

lowen

Quote from: mvpel on June 27, 2007, 09:29 PM NHFT

That's my yearly income!

mvpel

I'm sure the first person to get slapped with this new fee will have a line of attorneys out the door to mount an Article I Section 9 or an Eighth Amendment challenge to its validity, as violative of the prohibitions on excessive fines.

LiveFree

Always with the damn revenue generating crap.  The Republicans (I only raise this because Albo's a Republican) need to realize that revenue generating taxes like this only expand the size and scope of government, and their base of voters need to start booting their asses to the curb until they get the damn point.