• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Directory of Free-stater owned Businesses?

Started by mackler, June 27, 2007, 01:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mackler

Hello everyone.  I'm new to this forum.  Nice to meet some of you at the Festival.

I'm wondering if there is an online directory of freestater-owed businesses.  Economic growth within our community is going to be one of our best forms of activism.  If we could easily find a freestater who does whatever we need--whether it's going out for pizza, or getting a new roof--we could incorporate supporting the movement into our day-to-day shopping.

So, my two questions are, first, is there something like a yellow pages for freestaters, and if not do people here think it would be a useful project to create one?

-adam

error

Someone's already got a project like that going, and I think there should be such a directory out shortly.

b1ueemu

I'm working on a project like this also, for the very reason that you have asked it. Knowing where people are located and what they're doing will also help us to coordinate better both as consumers and entrepreneurs.

I believe there is already a paper publication but it's intentionally kept separate from any online efforts. I'm currently waiting for the listing form so that I keep them compatible. I would be more than happy to hear from anyone else working on similar on- or off- line efforts.

My goal is not only to create a public and semi-private list but also to allow reviews and eventually provide functionality for the businesses and users themselves, like blogs, forums, and messaging.

mackler

Quote from: wholetthedogin? on July 04, 2007, 04:48 AM NHFT
Perfect for the IRS and other alphabet shark agencies...

not really.  those types like to target the fearful and compliant.

d_goddard

Easy way to get started would be to just put whatever info you have up on the NHFree wiki:
http://www.newhampshireunderground.com/wiki

Create an account (it's separate from your forum account) and create a new wiki page.

mackler

Quote from: RattyDog on July 06, 2007, 10:20 AM NHFT

If there is any way in which I can help with this project I would be glad to.

That was my original reason for asking. 

I think the first thing to do is to determine whether someone is, in fact, actually working on such a project.  error: do you know who this supposedly is?

If there isn't someone actively creating this, then you (meaning anyone) should get started on it.

And if you (meaning anyone) aren't going to do it, then I will be inclined to do it myself.

-adam

Dreepa

I think maybe it should be 'pro liberty' businesses.

There are several people who 'fit the bill' but didn't move here because of the FSP.

Tammy's print shop for example. 

mackler

Quote from: Dreepa on July 09, 2007, 09:56 AM NHFT
I think maybe it should be 'pro liberty' businesses.

That sounds good.  Now here's a big question.  How do we ascertain whether a particular business deserves to be on this list or not?  There's probably business that would like more customers but aren't necessarily the ones I would want to give my business to if my intent is to support the movement.  We want to prevent them from getting on this list, otherwise it will just be another yellow pages.

-adam

Dreepa

An example...
Tammy is out proving herself.... she is in.
I heard that certain gun stores have Ron Paul signs... in
I am sure that if you put feelers out then we will know who the proliberty people are.  It will take time but we will find them.

If people show up to the MVP meetings (they aren't just FSP movers)  then they are in.
People that walk the walk.

Lloyd Danforth