• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Recoil Day Celebration in Deerfield -- July 4th

Started by Redchrome, June 28, 2007, 08:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: AntonLee on July 01, 2007, 08:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on June 30, 2007, 12:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on June 30, 2007, 01:07 AM NHFT
This has already been posted. Someone please merge?

Yeah Carl didn't connect it to the calendar but it is now.....

<error's comment makes me sing 'Baaaaaad Company'>

bad bad company, till the day I die  -- you've got me rollin'  lol

Too much rock'n roll...

Ron Helwig

We just got a visit from the cops. The neighbors are building a house "downwind" from the range and there might be issues.

The cop that stopped by said it didn't look good.

Still ought to party, but might not be any gun fun - we'll see.

Insurgent

Quote from: Ron Helwig on July 03, 2007, 04:33 PM NHFT
We just got a visit from the cops. The neighbors are building a house "downwind" from the range and there might be issues.

The cop that stopped by said it didn't look good.

Still ought to party, but might not be any gun fun - we'll see.

Disaster!  :'(

error

Anybody want to bring a few dump trucks' worth of sand? ;)

Ron Helwig

Quote from: error on July 04, 2007, 12:26 AM NHFT
Anybody want to bring a few dump trucks' worth of sand? ;)

That would help, dirt would too. The cop was concerned about too many rocks (ricochet) in the area and not enough backstop. He suggested building the backstop up around 15 feet. Of course they haven't gotten back to us about whether or not it is OK, but at this point I'm assuming its not.

We can still party, just no gunfire - fireworks are OK. Also, we do have the seasonal permit for the fire pit.

The real issue is, of course, that Otis would be cowering inside during gunfire - making it safe for kids outside.  ;)
With no gunfire outside, kids have less "safe" area.

Redchrome

IT'S STILL ON!

I talked to the neighbor who had concerns, talked to Ron, and called our local police dept.
Fortunately the officer on duty today has a friendly history with us and our shooting in the back yard; and he gave us the verbal OK to go ahead.

I did propose some measures to alleviate concerns; I may still be implementing them when people show up; but as of right now, we're still on. :)

-- Carl.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Redchrome on July 04, 2007, 10:51 AM NHFT
I did propose some measures to alleviate concerns; I may still be implementing them when people show up; but as of right now, we're still on. :)

Anyone who wants to help is certainly welcome to show up early  ;D

Ron Helwig

OK, we've got the first guest already (Carl's girlfriend). We expect to be partying into the night, camp fire etc...

Redchrome

The party was good, much fun was had by all.

Before the party, while I was still building the improved backstop for the shooting range, "Officer Dan" from the local PD showed up to inspect our range (I'd talked to him on the phone earlier that day). He said that because it's private property they basically can't say that we couldn't do anything; but because the neighbor had called (after I talked to the neighbor), he came over to check out the improvements to the range that I was making. He did say that they were likely to get a call because of the gunshots; but as long as the cops knew about it, it was OK.

I did suggest to the officer that he try IDPA competition at some point; so now I need to find the local IDPA clubs and start shooting with them, so I can invite Officer Dan along. :)

We had a few people from the Massachusetts Libertarian Party show up; having heard about the event by word of mouth. Some of them had never shot a gun before; some never a handgun before. So I gave them a basic introduction to handguns; other people let them shoot long guns.

Unfortunately our shooting time was somewhat shortened by inclement weather. We went inside, consumed beer & BLT sandwiches, talked about the usual variety of subjects from Babylon 5 to the World Trade Centers, and made many new friends.

Y'all should have been there. :)

-- Carl.

error

I would have been, except I share a house with a bunch of lazy people.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: error on July 05, 2007, 11:55 AM NHFT

What, do you have a litter they carry you around on?

error

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 05, 2007, 11:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: error on July 05, 2007, 11:55 AM NHFT

What, do you have a litter they carry you around on?

Something like that, yes. :)

CNHT

Quote from: Redchrome on July 05, 2007, 11:42 AM NHFT
Y'all should have been there. :)

-- Carl.

I would have except I was busy organizing and attending 3 events for Dr. Ron Paul on the 3rd and 4th and getting ready for the massive event on Saturday in Hopkinton.

Someone here took my away message seriously and accused me of doing nothing to get the 400 rally goers out when that's ALL I was doing -- I guess it is because it says I'm 'sleeping' --  but that usually just means I'm so busy, please stop IMing me for other things!

>:D

Insurgent

Thanks for hosting this, guys--I think it's a splendid alternative to the mindless fireworks and BBQ tradition that we'd otherwise ensconce ourselves with.

I had oodles of fun shooting guns, mostly Carl's since my own kept jamming with that shite Wolf ammo  :-\