• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Zeitgeist"--the Movie

Started by Insurgent, July 03, 2007, 09:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

lowen

Quote from: Captain Liberty on July 05, 2007, 11:57 AM NHFT
Quote from: lowen on July 04, 2007, 03:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: Captain Liberty on July 03, 2007, 09:52 PM NHFT
I'm watching the beginning now. Certainly some very interesting stuff. The stuff he's saying about where stars are on specific dates has me thinking, though. Aren't the locations of the stars different now than they were 2,000 years ago, and therefore things that happen on certain dates now, happened on different dates 2,000 years ago?

Thanks to a vast understanding of physics and astronomy, scientists today can tell you exactly what was where in the sky at any given time of day on any day in the history of the planet. No bull. There even exists commercial software that can show you what we missed before our species existed. The universe is expanding at a constant rate, but it is very predictable.

Will watch that video now.

But still, in the movie the narrator says something like "On December 25th every year, this and this happens", but wouldn't the date that it happens change over time?

I don't think that two-thousand, or even a million, years would dramatically change the position of the stars and planets in the sky. I don't doubt that it's been Dec. 25th every year for the last billion years.

Friday

Aaaargh... I just know this movie is going to depress the hell out of me, but I feel compelled to watch it now.  Curse you, Insurgent, and your substantive, thought-provoking threads!

jaqeboy

Quote from: Friday on July 06, 2007, 12:30 PM NHFT
Aaaargh... I just know this movie is going to depress the hell out of me, but I feel compelled to watch it now.  Curse you, Insurgent, and your substantive, thought-provoking threads!

It'll be worth it - you'll be glad you saw it. Heck, you won't be able to tear your eyes off it!

I think it has a hopeful inspiring message. Truth (or nearer approaches to it) gives me more hope these days. I got over the depression part when I maxed out on "how bad things are" several years back - Now it's all "get more truth, spread the word, take more action." (repeat cycle til free) ;D

burnthebeautiful

Quote from: lowen on July 06, 2007, 11:01 AM NHFT
Quote from: Captain Liberty on July 05, 2007, 11:57 AM NHFT
Quote from: lowen on July 04, 2007, 03:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: Captain Liberty on July 03, 2007, 09:52 PM NHFT
I'm watching the beginning now. Certainly some very interesting stuff. The stuff he's saying about where stars are on specific dates has me thinking, though. Aren't the locations of the stars different now than they were 2,000 years ago, and therefore things that happen on certain dates now, happened on different dates 2,000 years ago?

Thanks to a vast understanding of physics and astronomy, scientists today can tell you exactly what was where in the sky at any given time of day on any day in the history of the planet. No bull. There even exists commercial software that can show you what we missed before our species existed. The universe is expanding at a constant rate, but it is very predictable.

Will watch that video now.

But still, in the movie the narrator says something like "On December 25th every year, this and this happens", but wouldn't the date that it happens change over time?

I don't think that two-thousand, or even a million, years would dramatically change the position of the stars and planets in the sky. I don't doubt that it's been Dec. 25th every year for the last billion years.

Maybe I've misunderstood the elementary astrology I've heard. I just know I've heard people say things like Jesus was actually born on January 5th, and that the dates that the star signs represent are like two weeks off. Something about planets changing their position over time and being in different places in the sky depending where on the planet you are and different calenders being used or something. I've just randomly heard people talk about though, and haven't really fully listened.

Insurgent

Quote from: Friday on July 06, 2007, 12:30 PM NHFT

:wave: Well, I try. Since this forum is supposed to be all about freedom and ways of attaining it, I thought this film would be right up everyone's alley. Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free!

The only way it's going to depress you is to expose how many ways we have been lied to in the past and are continually being lied to currently. I agree with Jack--the ending is inspiring and hopeful--for those who will heed its message. Let's generate more discussion about this!  :lurk:

KBCraig

Quote from: jaqeboy on July 06, 2007, 01:25 PM NHFT
Heck, you won't be able to tear your eyes off it!

I could barely force myself to watch 12 minutes' worth before giving up. Sllooooooowwwwww....

Friday

I couldn't connect to it last night; I guess too many other people were watching it.  Will try again soon.

jaqeboy

Yeah, I tried 4 or 5 times before I got on again last night.

Insurgent

I know that the movie has been taking the internet by storm since its release a couple weeks ago; maybe it would work better to go directly to the Google page http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5547481422995115331&hl=en

Bald Eagle

I'm not sure why, but a few things clicked while I was watching that.

I've the strong suspicion that a number of visitors to the gun shops I've worked at are part of the misinformation and surveillance system.  What system - I don't know, the one that keeps everything spinning round and keeps people confused about what's going on.  People who are "Army Reserve," work for Blackwater doing things they can't talk much about, and "ex"-military / govt types who tell stories and make "reports" to the people in the shop about what's going on over in the sandbox.

Movies like The Parallax View try to teach people about political operations that fall outside of govt buildings and the ballot box.  Politics spills into the streets and pollutes our lives and chokes our society.

Something needs to be done about the damn bankers and their manipulation of people and governments that lock their people into bad financial decisions.  I hope some of their fancy private jets fly into the side of a mountain.

So much of life is about MONEY.  And using money to control people.  I'm more eager to switch to silver and not use ANY FRN's more than ever now.

I don't believe the official 9/11 story, I never did, and I believe it even less as time goes on.

Yes indeed, so what am I going to do?

Stop paying income tax, that's got to be #1.  It keeps the whole program running.

Try to stop buying new storebought crap from corporations who are cogs and pawns and players in the game that ends up with every American losing.  That will probably entail going back to handmade items or items manufactured within the community by craftsmen.

Friday

OK, I was able to watch it.  Lots of cawfee tawk forthcoming, in a day or two, after I've had time to digest.   :blah_by_sarrlas_emotes:

Initial comments:  Insurgent, I'm beginning to believe your signature.   :-\  Also, I think I'm going insane.  (But then, we knew that.  :D)

Captain Liberty, don't get hung up on Dec. 25th.  Remember there have been many calendars over the ages, some of which get adjusted periodically.  Or, as some crazy chick once said, "Day is a vestigial mode of time measurement. Based on solar cycles."   ;)  Just remember that Dec. 25th, in whatever language or whatever culture, represents the point in the year when the sun (son) starts to rise higher in the Northern Hemisphere.

One more initial comment: the part about us all being drowned in mass media infotainment to keep us "comfortably numb" reminded me of an incident about a year ago.  It was my cousin's son's 2nd birthday.  His only son, who was born with a birth defect and has had to go through surgery and stuff.  The family was having a big party with lots of presents for the little guy.  And when it was time to open the gifts, to celebrate his only son and youngest child's birthday, what did my cousin do? He placed the kid *in front of the television set* so that he could nominally watch him opening gifts, but more seriously watch the Mets game behind him.  And he knew full well what he was doing, and met his wife's pained look, and said "Yeah, so? I know!"  And went right on watching the Mets game.....  Come to think of it, this cousin is *really* religious, too.

Insurgent

Quote from: Bald Eagle on July 07, 2007, 05:43 PM NHFT
I'm not sure why, but a few things clicked while I was watching that.

Something needs to be done about the damn bankers and their manipulation of people and governments that lock their people into bad financial decisions.  I hope some of their fancy private jets fly into the side of a mountain.

So much of life is about MONEY.  And using money to control people.  I'm more eager to switch to silver and not use ANY FRN's more than ever now.

I don't believe the official 9/11 story, I never did, and I believe it even less as time goes on.

Yes indeed, so what am I going to do?

Stop paying income tax, that's got to be #1.  It keeps the whole program running.

Try to stop buying new storebought crap from corporations who are cogs and pawns and players in the game that ends up with every American losing.  That will probably entail going back to handmade items or items manufactured within the community by craftsmen.

Right on, Bald Eagle! It is almost all about money, and control. As one of my signatures says...

There's a movement going on to bring to light alternatives to the paradigms and mainstream/corporate systems, which you may be interested in...just now in its fledgling stages...perhaps you'd have a subject or angle to add to it... http://altexpo.org/

Insurgent

Quote from: Friday on July 07, 2007, 08:05 PM NHFT
OK, I was able to watch it.  Lots of cawfee tawk forthcoming, in a day or two, after I've had time to digest.   :blah_by_sarrlas_emotes:

Initial comments:  Insurgent, I'm beginning to believe your signature.   :-\  Also, I think I'm going insane.  (But then, we knew that.  :D)

One more initial comment: the part about us all being drowned in mass media infotainment to keep us "comfortably numb" reminded me of an incident about a year ago.  It was my cousin's son's 2nd birthday.  His only son, who was born with a birth defect and has had to go through surgery and stuff.  The family was having a big party with lots of presents for the little guy.  And when it was time to open the gifts, to celebrate his only son and youngest child's birthday, what did my cousin do? He placed the kid *in front of the television set* so that he could nominally watch him opening gifts, but more seriously watch the Mets game behind him.  And he knew full well what he was doing, and met his wife's pained look, and said "Yeah, so? I know!"  And went right on watching the Mets game.....  Come to think of it, this cousin is *really* religious, too.

Anxious to hear more of your cawfee tawk on these subjects  :)

That's an interesting story that you tell about the birthday party...the tv was almost always on in my house when I was growing up, too and my parents are also very religious. The TV has disgusted me so much that to this day I'll only watch DVD's on it, and even then very rarely.

Insurgent

I *just* got this email from the film maker:

Friends,
I will have DVDs to send out this Friday (7/13). If you would like to "Pre-Order", feel free to do so.

In order to keep costs as low as possible, the disc will come in a simple white sleeve.

They are $5.00.

Here is the order page:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/dvdorder.htm

At this time, the DVDs are only by request and will not be advertised on my site due to certain circumstances I am currently dealing with. If you know others who might want a DVD, please send then the link above.

Otherwise, I am working fast to get a wealth of supporting information / documentation on my website. Specifically, an interactive transcript of the entire work with sources to support every claim. I am also soon going to have a DIVX and IPOD download and an "Audio Book" (Sound File) of the music and narration for download as well.

I want to thank all of you who have been supportive in getting this movie / info out to people.
If I have not responded to your email yet, I will soon.

Thank You.
Peter
"The Revolution Is Now"
www.zeitgeistmovie.com

alohamonkey

I'm glad someone started a thread for this movie.  I watched it a month or two ago and have been recommending it to others ever since.  I'm going to watch it again this week.  There's so much to gain from watching this movie.  It tackles every tough issue (religion, 9/11, control, fear, etc.) in a very methodic and interesting way.  I'll be posting more about it after I watch it again.