• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A new currency!

Started by FreeBoy, May 10, 2005, 10:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeBoy

Hello my name is Jon, but my user name is FreeBoy.  There are currency right now that is based on gold, and silver.  Then there is currency that is based on nothing (not even worth the paper it is on).  So I am wondering what if we create our own currency instead of using someone elses?  It would be a start of a new movement, and soon would be used nation wide?

Yes it is nice to use a LD (Liberty Dollar), and it can still be used do not get me wrong!  Though with out own currency we can slowly remove the US money from each state.  So here is a plan I was thinking, and wanted to pass a long the fellow NH community!  I got this program (well will have it soon) that will show me how to create my own currency.  I was thinking if we can get all FSPers and non FSPers a like using it, then it will become popular!

So if you like this idea maybe we can come up with some ideas for the new currency design?  I am willing to help out as much as possible!  I have been planning this for a while so if anyone has any questions please ask away.

AlanM

Hi Jon, welcome to the underground.  8)
I gather from your post that you live in NH. Do you have other people interested in doing this?
I know Mike Fisher is interested in this, but he is tied up at the moment.
The toughest part of your scheme is not the creation of the currency, but getting people, businesses to accept it. Any ideas on this point?
Alan

FreeBoy

Right this moment I do not live in NH (yet), but I will be hopefully by this summer.  Right now I live in Montana, and have talked to people about this idea here.  They all seem to like the idea when I presented them why a new currency would be better then using the United States Dollar.  After many meetings with businesses, and gatherings (fair, gun shows, ect) I did get many people to support the idea within my city, and cities around.

I would be willing to help create a new currency, and get the news around it.  Now I will tell you this it is a lot of work to get people to understand the currency, and why it would benefit them more in the long run as well.  Though I am willing to spend the time and effort to help the New Hampshire people to understand and grow with it. 

Though when I move to New Hampshire I will be bringing my wife as well close friend with me.  My wife and my close friend are the ones who have help spread the word of the new currency idea.  What made the idea come a reality to so many that I talk to what I had flyers, and other reading material that got peoples attention.  It took about 2 months to get all the businesses and local people into the new currency.

AlanM

This sounds interesting. I'd like to hear more about it. Do you have a website that talks about this in more detail? Or literature you could send to me here by personal message? 

FreeBoy

I can write up some stuff over the Internet and send you it (I will just write word for word to you).  What would you like exactly?

LiveFreeOrDie

Just an FYI-
There is another currency in use in this country, the Raam.  It's been in use for a few years now, in a "city" incorporated in Iowa several years ago.  Maharishi Vedic City, Iowa.

Info on the Raam Mudra and the city:
http://maharishivediccity.net/attractions/currency.html

Perhaps one could learn something from their experience.

AlanM

Quote from: FreeBoy on May 10, 2005, 11:24 AM NHFT
I can write up some stuff over the Internet and send you it (I will just write word for word to you).? What would you like exactly?

How it all works.  ;) What is it backed by, how/or if it is redeemable for FRNs/gold?/silver? How to purchase? with gold/silver?/FRNs? Where is the gold/silver to be kept that is backing this up? That sort of thing.
Alan

FreeBoy

Ok I will get all the information "prep" up for you and send it over.  Do you want it over email or a PM or what?  It will take a bit to get it all typed up and all.  Though it is very good information which I think would do NH much good.

Dreepa

FreeBoy

Ok I will do so :).  Right now I have to leave into town, but I should be back in an hour or so.  If anyone else has any questions or comments please post them, and I will get to them as soon as possible.

jgmaynard

Actually, the far left-wingers in Keene have been trying to get a local currency set up for a couple years now.

A few merchants started taking it, but it fizzled out because not enough people were willing to accept it.

An investor backing it with silver or gold is probably needed to get it to take off. And even then, I don't see how the bills could be worth even the equivilent (sp?) amount in gold/silver, or there would be no incentive for an investor to get into it.

Any ideas about how to make it work effectively are great..... Could help us work with the far-left in this area (most still won't work with us, but weakening their forces through alliances, however temporary, would strengthen our position).

Suupose someone were to do a manicure for a liberty dollar..... Could they enforce THAT???? lol :D

JM

Kat Kanning

Yeah, Russell and I were talking about it for a while:

http://www.soulawakenings.com/underground/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Community%20Currencies

and Jack S. in Nashua is also interested.

Scott Roth

Make sure you read "Inflation and The Coming Keynesian Catastrophe - The Story of the Exeter Experiments With Constants" by Ralph Borsodi.  It's available from the E.F. Schumacher Society.  Excellent book.  Of course, Ralph was a wonderful writer, and a man of constant ideas and ambitions.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: AlanM on May 10, 2005, 11:06 AM NHFT
I know Mike Fisher is interested in this, but he is tied up at the moment.

LOL!!!