• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

interest rates

Started by Friday, July 07, 2007, 12:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Yesterday I got one of the ubiquitous credit card offers in the mail.  I was motivated to open it because the envelope promised 0% interest on balance transfers for over a year.  Once I got it open and started checking the fine print, my jaw dropped when I saw the default APR: 32.24%!   :o  That's the rate you'll pay if you're late on just one payment, or if a check bounces.  I guess I can't really complain, as that is the free market at work, but... day-um.  32.24%  I don't recall ever seeing an interest rate that high on a standard credit card since I was old enough to be paying attention to such things.

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

I've seen Gary Coleman ("Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?") doing TV ads for one of those quick loan companies. The fine print on the TV screen (never mentioned in the narrative): 99.84% APR.

::)

Lex