• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

REAL ID Passes 100-0, time for NH to just say NO.

Started by FTL_Ian, May 11, 2005, 10:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

It appears that a state saying no to the REAL ID provisions is almost a semi-secession, as the state's people will no longer be allowed to interact with anything federal.  (Can't fly, participate in Social Security, etc)

It seems like an idea the Underground should really consider promoting.
Ian

Russell Kanning

So the bill that the real ID was mixed in with went 100-0? :o

btw ....we are already talking about this on an ID thread 8)

Kat Kanning

You mean saying no to national ID would opt the state out of social security??   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

AlanM

Quote from: katdillon on May 11, 2005, 11:20 AM NHFT
You mean saying no to national ID would opt the state out of social security??? ?;D? ;D? ;D? ;D

Well, you couldn't sign up for it if you can't go in federal buildings.  ;)

Lloyd Danforth

I guess we should work at getting rid of our two senators!

Russell Kanning

Did it really go 100-0? It wasn't like that at all in the house......didn't some Democrats not like it?

JP even had a rally where we walked from Sununu to Greggs offices.

FTL_Ian

Some of them "didn't like it", but that didn't stop them from passing it.  Perhaps they did want to be seen as "not supporting the troops".  Fucking cowards.

Russell Kanning

I don't like this bill, but I will vote for it. :o

Why was it so different in the Senate.....even more "old boy network"ie than the house?

Kat Kanning

Who the hell cares what they like?  It only matters what they've done to us.

FTL_Ian

Johnson had an interesting idea on the show tonight.. a mutual aid society to protect people from trouble they could get into from not carrying the natl ID....  that's if NH says yes.

Kat Kanning

Something like Save a Patriot?  Why not on an individual level if the state cowtows?

FTL_Ian

Yes.  I don't understand your 2nd question, could you rephrase?

jgmaynard

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 11, 2005, 10:56 AM NHFT
It appears that a state saying no to the REAL ID provisions is almost a semi-secession, as the state's people will no longer be allowed to...  participate in Social Security, etc

And this is a BAD thing? LOL.. FINALLY a way out! :D

JM

FTL_Ian

Agreed, it's like a free pass to more liberty, if NH has the courage to take it!

AlanM

I say let's take it. Refuse ALL fed monies and you don't have to play by theirs rules, in most instances.