• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

REAL ID Passes 100-0, time for NH to just say NO.

Started by FTL_Ian, May 11, 2005, 10:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

You are correct.  That's why this country has become so watered down and homogenized.  That's why State's Rights are eroding at an increasing clip.. the federal strings, and greedy politicians on both ends.

SteveA

QuoteYou mean saying no to national ID would opt the state out of social security??

And without a SSN how could you pay taxes?  How sad would that be?  (No, seriously, how sad would that be?  ;D)

Michael Fisher

Digital Freeman has been updated to reflect the passage of the spending bill with the REAL ID amendment.

Digital Freeman

"REAL ID Act Rubber-Stamped by US Senate 100 to 0"

LOL, we love writing headlines to stories.  ;)

SethCohn

Sunni Maravillosa has created a blog to coordinate resistance to the
Real ID Act. Stop by, read the comments and links, add your site to
the list of "REAL ID Rebels."

http://realidrebellion.blogspot.com/

Promote the FSP while you're there making comment, folks...

citizen_142002

I believe that the law only requires a federally compliant photo ID. A passport might do.
Not paying taxes would be nice,but how would folks from New Hampshire vote in federal elections, or run for federal office.
I'm not saying NH should vote yes, in fact I strongly believe that we ought to vote no. I think it's lobbying time. Perhaps we should try to get other states on board. I thought I heard something about Wyoming refusing, anyone know? The folks at Second Vermont Republic would like this idea. Mainers and Alaskans seem like two others who might go for refusal aswell.
Such refusal might exempt New Hampshirites from the draft.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: citizen_142002 on June 14, 2005, 07:54 PM NHFT
Not paying taxes would be nice,but how would folks from New Hampshire vote in federal elections, or run for federal office.

Who gives a damn?  If we can sever ties with the feds it will be well worth not "voting"!  Piss on the feds.  Nothing good has ever come from DC.   >:D

If someone wants to run for federal office, they can go to Maine, Mass, or Vermont.  Have fun!

Russell Kanning

I agree....if NH says "no" to the Feds...we will be better off. :)

AlanM

tracysaboe

Quote from: citizen_142002 on June 14, 2005, 07:54 PM NHFT
I believe that the law only requires a federally compliant photo ID. A passport might do.
I'm not saying NH should vote yes, in fact I strongly believe that we ought to vote no. I think it's lobbying time. Perhaps we should try to get other states on board. I thought I heard something about Wyoming refusing, anyone know? The folks at Second Vermont Republic would like this idea. Mainers and Alaskans seem like two others who might go for refusal aswell.
Such refusal might exempt New Hampshirites from the draft.

I would gladly, give up my right to vote if it meant I didn't need to pay taxes.

Tracy

citizen_142002

Washington could always pass specific laws that act to the detriment of New Hampshire, and we would have no say. Not everyone in this movement wants full independence for New Hampshire. The federal government is out of control and now harms our freedom, more than it helps, but some want to fix the entire union.
The way that Washington is headed, they may very well use intimidation, arrest, and assasination to keep NH in the union. Personally, i would like to see the United States under a loser federal system, or a confederation of Free States.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: citizen_142002 on June 15, 2005, 09:28 PM NHFT
Personally, i would like to see the United States under a loser federal system, or a confederation of Free States.

I hope you meant "looser" here! :o ;)