• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

President of the Underground (indecision 2007) - Vote now!

Started by Russell Kanning, July 11, 2007, 07:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 15, 2007, 09:57 AM NHFT
It does look like it is the Pirate Party against the RRR.

Who is Williams running mate?

Won't the two be confused with all of that Pirate talk?  ( Arr!....)

Or.......

Is that your plan?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Facilitator on July 15, 2007, 10:26 AM NHFT
Arrr...it's time to nominate a running mate for the Dread Captain William.  A mate that would be more like a father to the Lad, kind of like Cheney is to Bush Baby, except some one who won't blow yur head off with a shot gun. 

I nominate the blood thirsty pirate Captain Tom Sawyer to be the vise president of the NH Underground.  :icon_pirat:

Captain William has named "Jungle Jim" aka "The Black Pirate" as his second in command...  :icon_pirat:

He has been a loyal and trusted co-conspirator in the rebellion.  8)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Facilitator on July 15, 2007, 10:26 AM NHFT
Arrr...it's time to nominate a running mate for the Dread Captain William.  A mate that would be more like a father to the Lad, kind of like Cheney is to Bush Baby, except some one who won't blow yur head off with a shot gun. 

I nominate the blood thirsty pirate Captain Tom Sawyer to be the vise president of the NH Underground.  :icon_pirat:

"RRR"! You can rename it the Nepotism Party"

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on July 15, 2007, 11:32 AM NHFT

"RRR"! You can rename it the Nepotism Party"

I think you can pronounce it  Arrr or Yarrr, but RRR just shows anger- which the Pirate Party is defiantly against.   :D

NC2NH

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 11, 2007, 07:51 PM NHFT
I nominate:

Hollywood (he can also act as the prez of the Republic of NH)

I am grateful for the nomination and the call to serve. As I traveled around The Shire last year, meeting with non-voters and non-non-voters,  I saw first-hand the desire for efficient access to sticky buns, tempered by the need for construction site safety and firm forum policy enforcement. The call to serve as President Of The Underground echoes from the rocky waters of Freedom Park to the bandstand at a honky-tonk in Troy; from the Dunkin Donuts on West St. in Keene to the other Dunkin Donuts on West St. in Keene; from the bonfires of Porc Manor to the campsites of Gilford... wait, I haven't actually been to Gilford yet. :P Well, anyway I'm sure William is doing a fine job and the rest of the nominees are more than qualified to serve.

After reflecting on the feedback I received during my listening tour, I have decided not to run for this esteemed position. I am happy to announce that I hereby endorse all of the nominees except myself.

I'm Hollywood Rob and I approved this message.

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

you almost killed us here with that dd reference

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Hollywood on July 15, 2007, 09:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 11, 2007, 07:51 PM NHFT
I nominate:

Hollywood (he can also act as the prez of the Republic of NH)

I am grateful for the nomination and the call to serve. As I traveled around The Shire last year, meeting with non-voters and non-non-voters,  I saw first-hand the desire for efficient access to sticky buns, tempered by the need for construction site safety and firm forum policy enforcement. The call to serve as President Of The Underground echoes from the rocky waters of Freedom Park to the bandstand at a honky-tonk in Troy; from the Dunkin Donuts on West St. in Keene to the other Dunkin Donuts on West St. in Keene; from the bonfires of Porc Manor to the campsites of Gilford... wait, I haven't actually been to Gilford yet. :P Well, anyway I'm sure William is doing a fine job and the rest of the nominees are more than qualified to serve.

After reflecting on the feedback I received during my listening tour, I have decided not to run for this esteemed position. I am happy to announce that I hereby endorse all of the nominees except myself.

I'm Hollywood Rob and I approved this message.

Wow... with a speech like that he should be President.  ;D

Jim Johnson

Hollywood Rob for the Shire Speech Writer!   :wav:

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 15, 2007, 10:15 PM NHFT
Wow... with a speech like that he should be President.  ;D
he was very presidential there for a minute
...but is he part of skull and bones?
I bet we know which party around here is connected to that group.

Lloyd Danforth

Yes, but, they are the 'Jolly'  faction of S&B

David

toowm

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on July 16, 2007, 07:34 AM NHFT
Yes, but, they are the 'Jolly'  faction of S&B
Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of....

apple juice?!?