New Hampshire Underground

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Underground Wiki

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: A liberty credit union  (Read 5546 times)

picaro

Re: A liberty credit union
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2007, 09:39 PM NHFT »

The banking commission people were positive, but not fully aware of the laws they enforce.   Told us to hire a lawyer. >:(   

Other alternatives for assessing feasibility are available before hiring the (inevitable) lawyer.

There is rumored to be a credit union restricted to NH farmers which has limited/no federal entanglements.  We need to find its name, consult with its founders, and use its bylaws as a template.

ArcRiley is shouldering most of the work dealing with bureaucrats.    He would know specifics.

The project would be helped immensely by a lawyer willing to work for cheap/free.   :-\
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 09:57 PM NHFT by picaro »

shuvom

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2007, 11:54 AM NHFT »

A freedom oriented Porc "banking" instution has been a dream of mine for a while.

While I'm trying to organize Liberty Dollar Associates into a team right now (see my other posts), my wife has requested that I get a lawyer's opinion on the legal requirements for such an institution. 

So I'm going to be paying a lawyer (hopefully an FSP laywer like Evan Knappen) to look into this ANYWAY, probably as early as late-November. 

Besides the general "What does it take?", what specific questions would you like answered?  I like the idea of being a state CU vs. a Fed CU, but besides that, what did the state officials say you should get a lawyer FOR? 

Ask me now, or forever hold your peace (because I'm not paying a laywer TWICE!).

And about the start-up capital...we're going to buy a house in the Spring, and the idea is to live in it for two years, fix it up, and sell it for tax-free profit.  Do this 2-3 times (or 2-3 people doing it at once) and you have your start-up capitial for the Credit Union.  (That's how I paid off my new car right before my move to NH.)

Thank you to ArcRiley for spearheading this push- let me know what you want lawyered! 

Shuvom

J’raxis 270145

• Voluntaryist
  • Enemy of the State
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2008, 12:19 AM NHFT »

What has become of this project? Is anything still happening with it, or is it dead? :(

Porcupine Realtor

• www.PorcupineRealtor.com
  • Mischievous
    • Porcupine Realtor - NH Real Estate/Property
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2008, 08:09 PM NHFT »

It would be nice to have a Porc get a job at a C.U. and learn the biz from inside, then start our own.  Maybe Lasse (?).

PowerPenguin

• Magic Mushroom of Madness
  • Radical
  • Privacy Power!
    • Keep Your Assets
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2008, 03:10 AM NHFT »

I tried to do this back when we started this thread and they wouldn't hire me :'(

Maybe I'll try again in NH.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up