• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A liberty credit union

Started by porcupine kate, July 13, 2007, 10:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

picaro

The banking commission people were positive, but not fully aware of the laws they enforce.   Told us to hire a lawyer. >:(   

Other alternatives for assessing feasibility are available before hiring the (inevitable) lawyer.

There is rumored to be a credit union restricted to NH farmers which has limited/no federal entanglements.  We need to find its name, consult with its founders, and use its bylaws as a template.

ArcRiley is shouldering most of the work dealing with bureaucrats.    He would know specifics.

The project would be helped immensely by a lawyer willing to work for cheap/free.   :-\

shuvom

A freedom oriented Porc "banking" instution has been a dream of mine for a while.

While I'm trying to organize Liberty Dollar Associates into a team right now (see my other posts), my wife has requested that I get a lawyer's opinion on the legal requirements for such an institution. 

So I'm going to be paying a lawyer (hopefully an FSP laywer like Evan Knappen) to look into this ANYWAY, probably as early as late-November. 

Besides the general "What does it take?", what specific questions would you like answered?  I like the idea of being a state CU vs. a Fed CU, but besides that, what did the state officials say you should get a lawyer FOR? 

Ask me now, or forever hold your peace (because I'm not paying a laywer TWICE!).

And about the start-up capital...we're going to buy a house in the Spring, and the idea is to live in it for two years, fix it up, and sell it for tax-free profit.  Do this 2-3 times (or 2-3 people doing it at once) and you have your start-up capitial for the Credit Union.  (That's how I paid off my new car right before my move to NH.)

Thank you to ArcRiley for spearheading this push- let me know what you want lawyered! 

Shuvom

J’raxis 270145

What has become of this project? Is anything still happening with it, or is it dead? :(

Porcupine Realtor

It would be nice to have a Porc get a job at a C.U. and learn the biz from inside, then start our own.  Maybe Lasse (?).

PowerPenguin

I tried to do this back when we started this thread and they wouldn't hire me :'(

Maybe I'll try again in NH.