• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

VERY disturbing

Started by Quantrill, July 15, 2007, 04:05 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

kola

Get a hard hat, sunglasses and fake beard, a van with muddy license plates, slap on a Acme Electric Co sign, climb up a ladder and snip the wire (it will be low amperage) and see if the traffic light still changes.

I bet it still changes.

Kola

CNHT

OK question -- if it were a traffic sensor, why is it only pointed in one direction? Wouldn't there have to be sensors for all the places where the cars stop?

The lights worked there before the device was there.

I'll have a chance to check it out closer soon.....

I think the cameras in front of Murph's are due to the fact that it used to be Omega and there was a lot of stuff going on there.
They have a classy, non-violent, educated crowd there now.

;)

ny2nh

Quote from: Quantrill on July 19, 2007, 09:49 PM NHFT
to clarify -
a city is a political subdivision of the state, right?

That would make these cameras illegal...   Ok really, I work ALL damn day and don't even get time to eat.  Can someone PLEASE call the city or NHDOT and figure out what's going on?

Yes, a city is a political subdivision....but no, that does not make the cameras necessarily illegal. They would only be illegal if they were being used to "determine the ownership of a motor vehicle or the identity of a motor vehicle's occupants" If they are traffic light triggers (not saying they are), or if they are vehicle counters, or something other than cameras to monitor vehicles or their occupants, then I think technically they are legal. Now that was just the NHDOT statute....not sure if there is a city ordinace regarding surveillnace cameras that monitor people rather than vehicles. Perhaps these were installed when Omega was open and there was all sorts of criminal activity there. Is there any way to tell if they are actually functioning now?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: KBCraig on July 20, 2007, 12:38 AM NHFT
Quote from: error on July 19, 2007, 10:15 PM NHFT
I am suspecting that they aren't cameras but radar devices which drive the traffic light.

I think I already said that about three times in this thread.  ;)

What we need is a catalog of all the different things they sell to go on light poles, so we can determine which to destroy

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on July 16, 2007, 06:34 PM NHFT
I don't believe it's been established that these are in fact Concord-funded cameras.
I've seen the (then) NH DOT Director Sweeney testify in front of several committees that his bureaucracy placed absolutely no "red light" cameras anywhere in the state (with the exception of the cameras at toll booths)
In Keene we have some sort of device pointing at the left hand turn lane for Eastbound traffic at the corner of 101/12. It doesn't sense traffic, because the light is on a timer. The city says the highway department put it there.
The ones in town that the city claims ... are all traffic sensors. They checked out.

error

Could be a traffic counter.

d_goddard

Quote from: Henry on July 20, 2007, 09:07 PM NHFT
Are the cameras recent enough to be part of this garbage?
http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2007/06/29/two_nh_anti_crime_programs_attract_federal_grants/

If they are, and can produce any evidence to back up the claim, I pretty much guarantee we can STOP THAT ENTIRE GRANT COLD.

error

After taking another look, I still think they're radar, and responsible for setting off radar detectors in the vicinity of that intersection.

Quantrill

Quote from: d_goddard on July 19, 2007, 11:01 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on July 19, 2007, 10:15 PM NHFT
I am suspecting that they aren't cameras but radar devices which drive the traffic light.
BINGO!!!
That's exactly what the DMV 'crat said.... they get people calling the DMV all the time, concerned that there are surveillance or stoplight cameras, when in fact they're just traffic light sensors.

Or maybe that's the line of BS they're feeding us?  I'm pretty sure there are already those 'real' sensors there.  Ya know, those black square ones with the little rods sticking out.  I'll check again tomorrow.

And how come all the other lights in manchester are time-activated?  Seriously I get so pissed at having to wait forever for a light to change.  Well I usually run the light after awhile, which would explain my aversion to cameras.  ;)
So if these truly are radar motion sensors then I guess they won't have to come down. BUT I'M STILL LEERY...

KBCraig

error

Thanks. I won't waste my money, then.

outatime

The fact that this is even being discussed fills me with hope. People out here in Kalifornia are so oblivious to surveillance. I guess it is that way in most places. Thank you for taking a stand against the surveillance state.

Thomas

d_goddard

Quote from: outatime on July 21, 2007, 03:01 PM NHFT
People out here in Kalifornia are so oblivious to surveillance
Thomas,

I used to feel your pain.

Please, Come Home. We're waiting.