• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Murphy's Tonight! (7/21)

Started by Quantrill, July 21, 2007, 05:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Quantrill

A few of us will be up at Murphy's tonight.  Come one, come all.  Idk, 9ish?

There also may be some recon being done.
:icon_pirat:

CNHT

Quote from: Quantrill on July 21, 2007, 05:33 PM NHFT
A few of us will be up at Murphy's tonight.  Come one, come all.  Idk, 9ish?

Sorry - I'm doing three Ron Paul events this weekend.

KBCraig

Quote from: Quantrill on July 21, 2007, 05:33 PM NHFT

I envision a ladder, and a recon scene reminiscent of "Animal House". Who's got the horse and the chainsaw?

Quantrill

Ok, so Chris thinks it's for the paramedics right around the corner.  we happened to be outside when an ambulance came.  for a BRIEF second, all 4 lights were red.  Literally less than 1 second after the ambulance was through, the northbound light was green.  It may have been a coincidence, it may not be. 

Something fishy is definitely going on.  And do we allow cameras on lights for any purpose?  Should a private camera be allowed on a public streetlight?  I should think not, but apparently I'm more radical than some?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Quantrill on July 22, 2007, 12:23 AM NHFT
Ok, so Chris thinks it's for the paramedics right around the corner.  we happened to be outside when an ambulance came.  for a BRIEF second, all 4 lights were red.  Literally less than 1 second after the ambulance was through, the northbound light was green.  It may have been a coincidence, it may not be. 

Something fishy is definitely going on.  And do we allow cameras on lights for any purpose?  Should a private camera be allowed on a public streetlight?  I should think not, but apparently I'm more radical than some?

They don't need cameras to let emergency vehicles through traffic.

error

Great event, with a total of 7 people showing up on such short notice.

KBCraig

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on July 22, 2007, 12:34 AM NHFT
Ok, so Chris thinks it's for the paramedics right around the corner.  we happened to be outside when an ambulance came.  for a BRIEF second, all 4 lights were red.  Literally less than 1 second after the ambulance was through, the northbound light was green.

But the intersections do need sensors to detect preemption devices. Otherwise the lights don't change, no matter what kind of IR strobe the ambulance is using.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: KBCraig on July 22, 2007, 02:21 AM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on July 22, 2007, 12:34 AM NHFT
Ok, so Chris thinks it's for the paramedics right around the corner.  we happened to be outside when an ambulance came.  for a BRIEF second, all 4 lights were red.  Literally less than 1 second after the ambulance was through, the northbound light was green.

But the intersections do need sensors to detect preemption devices. Otherwise the lights don't change, no matter what kind of IR strobe the ambulance is using.

Yep, that's what I meant—possibly just sensors. I see this came up in the other thread about the devices, too, which I hadn't seen until after posting here.

Ruger Mason

How about calling the Manchester Highway Dept. and asking what the camera is for?

Lloyd Danforth

I wouldn't depend on any information a bureaucrat provides.  I will iterate,  we need a copy of the same catalog the bureaucrats buy the stuff they put on the poles and wires.

Russell Kanning

That device looked like a sensor for the light to me, since it was pointing down the street just right.

Could you guys start these kinds of threads in the Merrimack section so people can watch that section for Manchvegas action?

Quantrill

Sorry Russell.  I won't do it again!
;D

d_goddard

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on July 22, 2007, 08:30 AM NHFT
we need a copy of the same catalog the bureaucrats buy the stuff they put on the poles and wires.
You could ask the nice person at the DMV who their equipment provider is and ask for the model number.

Make the 'crats for for you! That's their job!

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: d_goddard on July 22, 2007, 06:14 PM NHFT
we need a copy of the same catalog the bureaucrats buy the stuff they put on the poles and wires.
You could ask the nice person at the DMV who their equipment provider is and ask for the model number.

To those who went reconning the things last night, it didn't have any sort of model number on the back of it like most electronics do?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: d_goddard on July 22, 2007, 06:14 PM NHFT

"Hello, Highway Department?"
"Great!, Say, I've fallen absolutely in love with your light and sensor array on the southeast corner of Main and Oak.  Could you look up the model numbers and tell me who your supplier is?"