• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Apartment Hunting Tuesday

Started by supperman15, July 22, 2007, 09:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

supperman15

Hey, im going to be buming around Manchester Tuesday looking at/for apartments and just buming around the city, i was wonderig if anyone wanted to meet up, or if there are places i should hit (Ill be at the taproom) or anything else. (or if those who have done the apartment hunting already could point me to or from anywhere)
thanks

J’raxis 270145

I did pretty much what you're doing, back in May and June—took a bus up from Massachusetts, where I used to live, and just wandered around the city on foot—but first I found a bunch of places to check out, via the New Hampshire section on Craigslist.

supperman15

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: supperman15 on July 23, 2007, 08:34 PM NHFT
got any tips on where to look?

Sure -- your 'round Manchvegas tour coming up....

Find Elm St.

-- check out the neighborhood east of Elm st and north of Bridge St. south of Webster St

-- take a left on Webster and follow Webster St west

-- take a left on Elm

--then take a right on Amoskeag St and cross Amoskeag Bridge (after Brady Sullivan tower) once on the west side of the bridge go straight through the three sets of lights along the north side of the traffic circle (don't go around the traffic circle) head towards Goffstown Back Rd.

- then take a left on Montgomery.

-- check out this neighborhood South of Goffstown Back Rd and West of Coolige Ave and North of Amory St.

-- then take Kelley St west and cross Biron Bridge into "Pinardville" (a story for another day)

- Take a left on Mast Rd and follow Mast Rd/Varney St

- Take a right on South Main St

-- Take a left on Woodbury (after the new CVS construction site) cross Queen City Bridge

-- Follow Queen City Ave to Cilley Rd.

-- check out the neighborhoods north of Cilley Rd. and East of Maple St.

-- Find Belmont St. and follow it north all the way across the city to Webster St.

-- take a left on Webster and follow Webster St west

-- take a left on Elm

-- check out the apartments in the historic mills  west of elm and east of Commercial St.

Enjoy your short round Manchvegas in a day tour.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Manchester,+NH,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

supperman15

thanks very much, If i see you at the taproom tonight ill have plenty to report

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: supperman15 on July 23, 2007, 08:34 PM NHFT
got any tips on where to look?

I can tell you one place to avoid—the end of Pine Street at the north end of the cemetery: The whole area smells like an open sewer. The rest of the street seems to be fine; it's just that one patch of it. I've seen 3–4 houses that have FOR RENT signs in the windows (I wonder why), so you may end up coming across the area.

Atlas

I'm considering moving in a couple of months as well and am gonna be looking for apts. Also, I was wondering if there was or will be any vacancies in the Manchester Porcupine house in the near future? I'll check craiglist, but am open for any pointers.

Amos Keag

Rosie is my very own on board navigation system...

Dreepa

Quote from: Rebel on July 24, 2007, 11:09 PM NHFT
I'm considering moving in a couple of months as well and am gonna be looking for apts. Also, I was wondering if there was or will be any vacancies in the Manchester Porcupine house in the near future? I'll check craiglist, but am open for any pointers.
Cool!
http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=9835.0;topicseen

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Amos Keag on July 25, 2007, 11:00 AM NHFT

Marry a linear map geek with an impeccable sense of direction and you'll only be lost when you don't listen  ;D

Dreepa

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on July 25, 2007, 09:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: Amos Keag on July 25, 2007, 11:00 AM NHFT

Marry a linear map geek with an impeccable sense of direction and you'll only be lost when you don't listen  ;D
A man listening to his wife while driving.. Chris we need to talk!    :P