• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

MRC Machine Gun Shoot Fundraiser

Started by ny2nh, July 24, 2007, 06:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ny2nh

All in all, this was a good event. I think about 400 people total including the volunteers......I have no idea how much we netted. Scott from the UL had left before the event ended, so I have no idea where the $2000 figure came from. Scott and the girl from the Eagle Tribune both ended up trying a hand at shooting....which I was glad to see. Scott was actually really friendly and I was fairly sure we wouldn't get slammed in the paper today.

It was great to see Dave Ridley there....and Irena with the Eans....and Bruce McMahon. If there were others, I must have missed you.

I'm sure there will be a 2nd annual event next year....with a few modifications. :)

Pat K

"Parents and children shot side by side at targets 25 feet down field, spent casings piling about their feet. The sharp stench of cordite hung in the air."

It looked and smelled like freedom. ;D

mvpel

And sounded like freedom too, echoing from the hillsides!

CNHT

Quote from: ny2nh on August 06, 2007, 06:04 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on August 05, 2007, 07:34 PM NHFT
The Nashua Meetup whipped that trifold up the other night..for which we are grateful.

I gave many out in Keene this weekend as well.

Sounds like this MGS idea was a success all around!

Whenever anyone prints any campaign materials, it ineeds to include a "Paid for By" statement on it. I mentioned this to the guy who was there handing them out....just as a heads up.

Well since it did not cost anything to print, there was no 'paid for by' to be had.

ny2nh

Quote from: CNHT on August 06, 2007, 10:04 AM NHFT
Quote from: ny2nh on August 06, 2007, 06:04 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on August 05, 2007, 07:34 PM NHFT
The Nashua Meetup whipped that trifold up the other night..for which we are grateful.

I gave many out in Keene this weekend as well.

Sounds like this MGS idea was a success all around!

I think you are wrong on that.....I believe all porinted materials are supposed to have a "paid for by" because someone paid something for them.....if they were free to RP, that's fine, but someone still paid for them.

Do what you want, I was just trying to give you a heads up so that RP doesn't get grief for it somehow....

Whenever anyone prints any campaign materials, it ineeds to include a "Paid for By" statement on it. I mentioned this to the guy who was there handing them out....just as a heads up.

Well since it did not cost anything to print, there was no 'paid for by' to be had.

CNHT

Yeah I understand what it's about.

It's just one of the zillions of things supporters do at their own expense to get the word out.

I would venture to say that if you counted these things as fundraising, it would put him at about $10M not $3M.

There are billboards in Iowa, Radio Shows (starting tonight), newspaper ads, radio ads, lighted car signs, Adopt-an-Iowan programs, and tons of literature and signs being printed, all without direction from the campaign, but in addition to the thousands of things they are sending us...

We had more materials than Rudy did this weekend! One of his workers told me that he loved our guy so much he might vote for him.

CNHT

In case you hadn't noticed, bluehampshire.com is all in a twit about this and mentions that Jerry was a contender for Olbermann's 'worst person in the world' award for organizing it. They are also trying to use it to get people to donate money toward making stronger gun laws in NH.

I wish Democrat men would get some nuts don't you?

http://www.bluehampshire.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=1497

Here is the video:

http://video.msn.com/v/us/fv/msnbc/fv.htm??g=1e6271c2-8572-433e-9608-da8367b9d89b&f=00&fg

I think Keith Olbermann should get his own award...LOL

mvpel

CNHT

CNHT

Why The Gun Is Civilized
 By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or forcing me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat, or employment, of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that  puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gag banger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat--it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed. People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser. People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level. The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation...and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

CNHT

Quote from: GraniteForge on August 06, 2007, 07:02 PM NHFT
The NHPR guy came there with an attitude and an agenda, and got himself thrown off the line for trying to sneak a few pictures.  He was also thrown out of the Manchester range last week for walking in unannounced and harassing customers. 

I was surprised that the rest of the press I spoke with seemed to actually be there to gather information and report.

I would not have expected anything less from Josh...  ::)
Similarly the guy who interviewed me for 90 minutes was not a bad person but I think I blew his perception of a 'typical' supporter out of the water.
So the whole premise of his article was kaputsky.

Hah.

ny2nh

Josh always has an agenda, but he was partly annoyed because when he interviewed Jerry on Friday, Jerry failed to mention that no recording devices would be allowed.....so Josh's trip was a waste of time.

The media that attended and actually went in all wrote OK pieces.....and OK press is always a good thing.