• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Is Bettencourt getting smeared?

Started by rowland, July 24, 2007, 06:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

rowland

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070720/FOSTERS05/107200238

I should note that Rep. Bettencourt isn't some wealthy fat cat; he's a student at UNH who volunteers his time in the Legislature. In his email, he merely noted that a friend on the Romney campaign was reimbursed for a similar personal expense. He never asked for a paycheck nor did he ever write that the Romney campaign offered him money. These accusations were completely fabricated.

Rep. Bettencourt is a dedicated public servant, a leader in the Legislature, and a man of solid principles and high moral character. He left the McCain campaign because of differences over McCain's support for amnesty and other policies (including his penchant for chumming around with Ted Kennedy).

d_goddard

This is kinda old news, already blown over.
Bettencourt mentioned it at the CNHT picnic the other weekend.
Long and short of it, McCain's not reimbursing him, and he's sure not supporting McCain.

Bettencourt needs to think about what Government is and what its proper role should be. He's OK, but I sure wish Paul Mirski was back in control of the House Republican Alliance -- Paul has a much more libertarian bent than Bettencourt does.

I'm pretty sure Mirski will run for re-election in '08. It will be a big win for us if he can regain his seat.

rowland

Quote from: d_goddard on July 24, 2007, 08:35 PM NHFT
This is kinda old news, already blown over.

It must have blown over just recently then. I saw the allegation in the Carriage Towne News yesterday.

sgtusmc

What might be blown over news to one person may be new news to another.  This blog give people a way to express what they see and want to say about it.  Some not all want to limit the people's opinion to what that person wants us all to hear and know.  Free Speech is just that.  Free speech should not be limited to what so few want us to hear. Change and a better U.S. comes from the people.